n-Track Studio allows to use your computer as a complete recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, depending on your computer's speed. Realtime Audio effects can be added to each track, to the master, group or aux channels non-destructively: you can adjust the effect settings and listen to the result in real time. Besides its native effects (Reverb, Compression, EQ, Echo, Auto volume, Pitch Shift and Chorus) the program also supports third party DirectX and VST 2.0 plug-ins. The program works with any standard or multichannel 16 and 24 bit soundcards at sampling frequencies up to 192 Khz.
- 3D frequency spectrum view: watch the frequency spectrum in the 3D space, rotate it and see frequency waves coming towards you as you play. Requires Mac OSX or Windows Vista or later with Direct11 [New Feature]
- Sonogram view: watch how the frequency spectrum changes over time [New Feature]
- Decreased CPU usage when using multichannel instrument plugins [New Feature]
- Improved instrument Tuner, new button to open it on the lower toolbar [New Feature]
- New nEfx Phaser effect [New Feature]
- Support for the Leap Controller: start/stop playback and recording and to navigate the 3D spectrum view [New Feature]
Reviewing 22.214.171.12464 (Mar 28, 2010)
As usual its been updated since the topic was posted!
Its always updated and brings fixes and quite regularly new features
The BEST multitrack editor around, always has been, always will be
Try and get something done in Sonar etc and then use this, and then ask yourself why you forked out all that money to use a kludgy thing like Sonar....
5 stars all the way
Reviewing 5.0.9 Build 2286 (Jul 16, 2007)
hmmm...cheap. but i prefer Soundforge
Reviewing 4.1 Build 1923 Beta (Jul 27, 2005)
N Track is always the program that starts and finishes all my sound projects. I may have to use Sound Forge and/or Audacity for a file conversion but I go right back to N Track to work with it. I have several other recording programs and they become very complicated compared to N Track.
Reviewing 4.0.4 Build 1803 (Mar 25, 2005)
i use this program constantly. This update is flawed as it always asks if you wish for it to remove the prior version and not change any settings. This update will not let you install it til you remove the last version.
I'm looking for a audio software package that will allow me to record from more than two tracks. If I have four USB microphones connected to a computer at the same time, what software will allow me to record four separate discreet tracks?