uBook is a simple and lean, yet powerful ebook reader for Windows that can read HTML, TXT, RTF, PDB and PRC (not secure) ebook files. It can read directly from inside ZIP files, and supports BMP, GIF, PNG and JPG images. It offers many customization options including: Portrait and Landscape display, Choice of font type, color and size, etc. It Also has a resizable/skinnable User Interface.
- New 2009 skin
- Added .epub as a ZIP format, no handling of meta data yet
- Added guess of a good title: If the text filename is small, will check for a parent compressed file that has a longer name and use it also
- Changed touch to show gesture while dragging
- Added gesture to turn touch interface silent (up-right-down)
- Changed divided page cursor mode (for next and previous page by touching the screen). Now the edges will send to the next page, the center will send back. When touch control is active, the division rectangle will show in the middle of the screen
- Fixed missing Double click bug introduced with touch interface
- Fixed crash when clicking during pagination
- Fixed issue with cover/copyright/nag that could not be closed without a mouse/stylus before delay
- Put iBook tutorial on-line again, on Getting Started page
- New Icons/Graphics
Reviewing 2008r3c Beta (Nov 10, 2008)
Great package, been a fan for years
uBook is why I laugh at one trick pony readers like the Kindle. uBook provides a better experience in a tool I can multi-task with.
Keep up the great work!
No comments yet