freeCommander is a dual-panel file explorer with many features. In addition to the standard file management features, it can be used to compare directories, display folder sizes, synchronize folders and more. The program can also open/create ZIp and CAB files, and open RAR files as well as search inside those archives. You can set view filters, create folder list (for printing), change file attributes, launch a command prompt, take a desktop screenshot and more.
- - Bug fix: Search profile doesn't retain Timestamp "Not older option" forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7108
- - Bug fix: Main window is always hidden if starting FreeCommander with the options "Minimize to system tray" and "Start minimized"
- - Bug fix: '[' and ']' does not works in quick filter
- - Bug fix: Invert selection - the first element of the list is not selected if no parent folder '..' is visible in the file list
- - Bug fix: The column titles may be not translated if the option "Start minimized" is active
- - Bug fix: Locked tab "D:\My Folder" with "Navigation to subfolders" - navigation is possible to "D:\My Folder is locked"
- - Bug fix: "Save container to file..." broken forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7160
- - Bug fix: On some PCs all timestamps shows as 1899.12.30 00:00 forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7197#p23091
- - Bug fix: Active layout is not checked in menu if more as 10 layouts defined
- - Bug fix: Settings->General "Start minimized" option broken
- - Bug fix: Selection problem fixed forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7073
- - Bug fix: Checked state is initial not visible on splitter button forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7249
- - Bug fix: FTP connections are not listed if connection name has special chacter (e.g. German Ã¶,Ã¤,Ã¼,...)
- - Bug fix: When changing folders in network shares, when you go back one level up, the cursor jumps to the top forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7270
- - Bug fix: Drop folder to Deskop button - the content of the folder is dropped but not the folder self
- - Bug fix: Customized button caption (toolbar buttons) is ignored for layouts and favorites forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7282
- - Bug fix: Splitter position is not restored after hiding/opening inactive panel (F10) forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7292
- - Bug fix: The state of "go to the next history item" toolbar botton is not changed forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7291
- - Bug fix: Item list Icons do not follow Item list Names upon change of sort type forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7317
- - Bug fix: Actions "Set active panel to X%" broken
- - Bug fix: Plain views icons do not toggle when in address bar forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7345
- - Bug fix: Selection in NC-Mode broken forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7390
- - Bug fix: Folder size consolidation toggle ("KB") unpredictable state forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7080
- - Bug fix: Del key issue with rename in "Favorites - edit..." forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7408
- - Bug fix: Search result: Open location shortcut changed to original value - Space (Shift+Space supported too) forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7400
- - Bug fix: Linked browsing broken on the way "up" forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7410
- - Bug fix: The main window opens on the primary monitor although closed on the second monitor - only if maximized
- - Bug fix: Folder synchronize problems forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7445
- - Bug fix: Unwanted selection in NC-Mode forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7362
- - Bug fix: "Auto add wildcards" option in quick filter is broken forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7360
- - Bug fix: New folder should allow path with more than one directory forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6969
- - Bug fix: "Quick viewer size by file type" option broken for jpg files
- - Bug fix: Thumbnails may be false if using refresh function or if switching tabs with thumbnails view
- - Bug fix: Multirename dialog - not correctly displayed for bigger fonts (150%) if profiles defined
- - Bug fix: Compare folders is broken if UNC path is used
- - Bug fix: Toolbar position is not saved if using "Tools->Save settings"
- - Bug fix: Wrong tab order in "Define favorite toolbars" dialog forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7499
- - Bug fix: Delete button not working in Laouts edit dialog forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7500
- - Bug fix: Maximized/normal state of the main window not correctly restored in layouts forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7496
- - Bug fix: Popup menu is not showing by drop on address bar although the setting for showing popup menu is active forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7507
- - Bug fix: Show/hide main menu in the status bar context menu doesn't work always forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7518
- - Bug fix: Exception on closing of the layout dialog forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7497
- - Bug fix: Incorrect file name suggested in Pack files dialog forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7204
- - Bug fix: Favorites set dialog - rename does not work
- - Bug fix: FTP - set timestamp for the uploaded file does not work
- - Bug fix: File container - many problems solved forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7549
- - Bug fix: Tree position is not correct restored when "Show menu as toolbar" active is (only if main window is maximized)
- - Bug fix: Tree is not refreshed if context menu delete command is used
- - Bug fix: View option for favorite folder does not work always http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?p=24465#p24465
- - Bug fix: Toggle betwwen current and thumbnail view (Ctrl+I) does not work properly if folder was changed http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7609
- - Bug fix: Exception if you try to open folder in the file container but the folder does not exist http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?p=24456#p24456
- - Bug fix: Quick viewer resize problem if "top" is used for "Align in panel" http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7641
- - Bug fix: Exception on some PCs, e.g. on usb drive add/remove (introduced in 731)
- - Bug fix: Deleting the folder in the tree causes error messages http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?p=24730#p24730
- - Bug fix: File names may be not fully visible on high DPI screen http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7622
- - Bug fix: Command line option "-Layout=" does not work if one instance option is active
- - Bug fix: Color items by predefined filter does not work properly http://www.forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7727
- - Implemented: It is possible now to add: Layouts, Favorite tools, Favorites and Drives to action toolbars. Only items with assigned shortcut works in action toolbar
- - Implemented: New method Copy/Move operation performed by FC added (Vista+ only)
- - Implemeneted: New tree option "Keep expanded nodes if tree per Tab"
- - Implemented: Sorting by Windows columns improved ("Data type" added to the column definition )
- - Implemented: Elevation prompt (admin rights) will be showed for unpack operation if needed
- - Implemented: New Option in search dialog - Run in external process
- - Implemented: Middle button click on favorite item in toolbar opens favorite target folder in new tab forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7174
- - Implemented: Delete operation improved; option "Use Vista+ delete method" added
- - Implemented: Loading of network shares improved forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6288
- - Implemented: New command line option added -StartMinimized
- - Implemented: Address bar edit field - accept button added
- - Implemented: FTP - unicode support added forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7041
- - Implemented: New option in the search form - Use left/right for "Open location"
- - Implemented: Attributes/Timestamp dialog - new options for "Set timestamp as in target folder" added: "Created from Modified" and "Modified from Created"
- - Implemented: Favorite items edit dialog - shortcuts for rename, delete, up, down added
- - Implemented: Icons for favorite tools now loaded in background (important for not existend or slow network paths )
- - Implemented: Click on button with the folder in the favorite tools toolbar - added Ctrl+Click (open folder in new tab), Alt+Click (open folder in the opposite pane), Ctrl+Alt+Click (open folder in new tab in the opposite pane)
- - Implemented: Click on folder in the favorite folders tree - added Ctrl+Click (open folder in new tab), Alt+Click (open folder in the opposite pane), Ctrl+Alt+Click (open folder in new tab in the opposite pane)
- - Implemented: Click on folder in system folder popup menu - added Ctrl+Click (open folder in new tab) forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7283
- - Implemented: New options for "Select with mouse pointer" added - Action by click on free space in label, action by click on item icon (these options was till now available only in freecommander.ini )
- - Implemented: Left click in the free area of the address bar start the editing if the option "Show history popup menu on free area click" is not set
- - Implemented: Additional option for auto size of the 'Name' column - Fill remaining space
- - Implemented: Operations queue for operations ("Use FreeCommander" operations)
- - Implemented: New action added "Paste address from clipboard and reload" Shift+Alt+G
- - Implemented: Main menu item added Edit->Address bar
- - Implemented: Mouse "Snap to" implemented
- - Implemented: Searching in the office files (docx, xlsx, odt)
- - Implemented: Option to set in the freecommander.ini: CopyFullPath_AddLastDelimiter=0 - set the value to 1 if you want to add trailing backslash if copy folder paths to clipboard
- - Implemented: New action added "Toggle toolbars visibility"
- - Implemented: Favorite folder sets
- - Implemented: New option added "Always perform copy operation for left button drag&drop"
- - Implemented: Last position of the layout dialog will be saved
- - Implemented: Doubleclick on the line in the layout dialog perform "Apply" command
- - Implemented: 'Settings->Shell Menu' - options for adding "Open with Freecommander" item to shell context menu
- - Implemented: New option "Show basket icon" for splitter toolbar added
- - Implemented: New command line option added (set active panel to left/top or right/bottom) "-Panel=L" or "-Panel=R"
- - Implemented: New thumbnail size added (512)
- - Changed: Last selected layout is marked as checked (till now - only if "Auto save current layot" was active)
- - Changed: Deley befor opening of the rename dialog removed forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7287
- - Changed: Multirename - mouse scrolling in the fields is allowed now only if the mouse cursor is in the filed forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7301
- - Changed: Settings dialog - OK, Cancel, Apply buttons moved to the right site of the dialog forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7421
- - Changed: Quick search support special characters forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7414
- - Changed: Splitter toolbar should be visible if hot spot buttons are used forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7516
- - Changed: Mouse wheel scroll for details view follows now Windows settings
- - Changed: Click on basket icon in splitter loads the Bin Tray in the active panel
- - Changed: Subfolder filter in search dialog simplified
- - Changed: Modifications for high resolution screens
- - Changed: Suppress message when global shortcut can not be registered (only if second or further program instance is started)
- - Changed: Redirect Win+E to FreeCommander now permanent and not only per sesion
Reviewing XE 2016 Build 730 Beta (Oct 24, 2016)
Used this for some time & is my choice of file managers, great program. The UI is good - Always 5 stars without question.
Reviewing XE 2015 Build 700 Beta (Oct 24, 2015)
Unquestionably the best. I have been using this as my default file manager for the last several years. Works just as intended. But have not seen much activity in recent times.
Reviewing XE 2015 Build 685 (Feb 3, 2015)
An excellent program which is improved at every new version. No doubt one of the best.
I keep using it since long ago because of its flexibility and excellent results.
Reviewing XE 2015 Release 680 Beta (Nov 14, 2014)
While FreeCommander might be the best non-payware OFM on Windows, it lacks the user experience of its payware compatitors. The UI looks just cheap.
Reviewing XE 2014 Release 650 (Mar 11, 2014)
This new version is awesome!
Nice job, please keep going to improve it!
What does XE mean here in the title?
The latest link to the program is downloading the help file Downloading FreeCommander_chm.zip ?