KeePass Password Safe is a free/open-source password safe or manager which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk. So you only have to remember one single master password or insert the key-disk to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
- When trying to search using an invalid regular expression, an error message is displayed now
- Context menus can now be displayed by pressing the Apps key or Shift+F10
- Changed keyboard shortcut for closing KeePass to Ctrl+Q
- During a drag&drop operation, KeePass now additionally provides the text in Unicode form
- HTML export/printing: the notes and attachment data columns now are twice as wide as the other columns
- The version information file (which the optional update check downloads to see if there exists a newer version) is now downloaded over HTTPS
- Changed some ICO files such that higher resolution images are used
- CHM help file: improved high DPI support
- Upgraded to Boost libraries version 1.62.0
- Upgraded installer
- Various minor code improvements developed within the scope of the European Commission's Free and Open Source Software Auditing (EU-FOSSA) project
- Various code optimizations
- Minor other improvements
Reviewing 1.27 (Apr 7, 2014)
Any database can get corrupted, so make back-up copies of the KDB file regularly and you are safe. KeePass is perfect for me since I don't trust the cloud services.
Reviewing 1.26 (Mar 12, 2014)
Reviewing 1.26 (Sep 20, 2013)
Had to stop using it although I liked it ... database sometimes gets corrupted and then I can't access it with password ... suppose that's a problem with these types of applications. Guess I'll have to depend on the cloud i.e. LastPass
edit: I might make a copy in case it gets corrupted again. I found a copy and was able to get into an older database but, of course, lost quite a few entries.
Reviewing 1.24 (Sep 4, 2012)
Very good software for passwords! Can generate complex passwords for you, and it has great security features built within! A must have, period!
Reviewing 1.19 (Apr 5, 2011)
Best of its class.
Avoid the version 2 like the plague. Slower and without extra functionality.
In fact, .NET should be forbidden. Some exceptions (paint.net one of them), products compiled in .NET are pathetic.
This version is the one to choose.
No comments yet