Malwarebytes combines powerful new technologies built to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware infections.
Malwarebytes is an easy-to-use anti-malware application available in both a Free and Premium version. The Free version is well-known for its detection and removal capabilities, and the Premium version uses advanced protection technologies to proactively stop malware infections. Additionally, Malwarebytes offers a host of extra utilities as well as an approachable forum community to help you combat any piece of malware that exists in the wild.
- Several improvements to malware detection and remediation capabilities
- Several performance improvements, including improving startup time, improving shutdown time on Windows 7, addressing memory leaks and reducing CPU usage after a scan has completed
- Added MS Publisher as a default Protected Application for anti-exploit protection
- Fixed issue where a previously activated Premium license could be dropped incorrectly
- Fixed issue where Malwarebytes version information would revert to default values of 3.0.0 in certain cases, such as when coming back from minimal safe mode
- Fixed issue where ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications would display incorrectly on initial startup
- Fixed problem where the 'Check for updates every' setting would get stuck at 14 days after changing frequency to ‘Days’
- Fixed Help question marks throughout the main user interface so that they work when clicked
- Addressed several crashes and blue screens, including the BSOD that could occur with Web Protection on Windows Insider Previews
- Fixed the issue with Exploit Protection that caused Edge to crash/hang on Windows Insider Previews
- Fixed issue when Exploit Protection was enabled that caused PowerPoint to not load
- Fixed conditions that could lead to an ‘Unable to connect to service’ error
- Fixed issue where exclusions did not work properly when there were associated threat traces detected
- Fixed issue where Web Protection would not start up properly
- Fixed numerous scan hangs or crashes, including one that could occur during heuristics phase
- Numerous other fixes to improve overall program stability and usability
Reviewing 188.8.131.529 (Jan 26, 2017)
Most issues resolved now, & it seems issues on both my home PC's are sorted. It has taken a month & a half though from initial final to do this. Several on the main forum complaining about high CPU use on manual scanning though seems it's intentional, I suspect an option to change the priority with be forthcoming.
Good anti-malware program though whether it is a replacement to running a standard AV along with it is up to the user, I still do.
'Fixed issue where ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications would display incorrectly on initial startup' - That's because it was :-)
Reviewing 184.108.40.2069 (Dec 24, 2016)
I went back to the 2.7 version it has no bloatware
I only use the scanner
Reviewing 220.127.116.119 (Dec 20, 2016)
Still have issue mentioned in changelog above '- Fixed issue where “Real-Time Protection disabled” notifications would display throughout the day (NOTE: this notification may still be seen on reboot on some systems, but we’re working on another longer-term fix to address that separately' (I'm so very happy) This was reported on first beta BTW DKDude.
Seems its mainly with fast SSD's & many others have the same problem along with other unsolved problems, should have stayed in beta longer - Been a fan of this program for many, many years but what idiot thought the version before this was a final?
Solve the bloody problems in beta next time.
Reviewing 18.104.22.1689 (Dec 20, 2016)
MBAM is still getting better and better, used this from the very early start, and have never had any issues what so ever, my old lifetime license was added without any problems, and now we have MBAE and MBAR too.
Use Malwarebytes software on my phones and tablets too.
Keep up the good work.
Reviewing 22.214.171.1249 (Dec 9, 2016)
@Steve1209 - Agree with you regarding beta issues carried on into the final.. I have a problem where the program insists all security setting haven't been set & I get a pop-up on each re-boot. Seems on the forum this is a known problem with the releases build. Not a good idea to release a program with such large problems to the general public as some will try it have problems & never return.
Still needs work & many are having the program use large amounts of RAM among other problems ~ However from memory this has happened several times in the past with early Malwarebytes release builds & betas in the past have always been unusually buggy & more like alpha builds - You might be best to wait a couple of weeks before installing?
this is one of the best anti spyware tools there is. i combine this with a couple of other tools but this one is definitely one of the most diligent monitors of incoming system activity!
While recently trying to download the latest printer driver for my mother's printer which i wanted to print a few items with from my laptop, i inadvertantly downloaded the hardware helper program, and after a scan, not only did it ask for $29.95 to fix several driver's that it said needed updates, but it has changed my access level internally. I am still listed as Administrator, but am unavailable to un-install this as i am prompted that I do not have administrator access. Also, There are several minor things that Kasdpersky found, that i also am not being allowed to correct for the same reason that I dio not have administrator access ... PLEASE HELP ! I run SpyBot Search and Destroy, which only finds cookies, and Malwareware Bytes ... PLEASE HELP I NEED THIS REMOVED, and Administrator access restored.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED !
THIS IS A GATEWAY- NV79 WITH THE i-3 PROCESSOR,
RUNNING WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, 64BIT, AND I-E8
@Sammo => you can post all FPs here =>
They will be fixed immediately !
The program is the best in its class !!! :)