SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) adds platform support for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition, allowing 32-bit SQL Server 2000 applications to run on 64-bit platforms using the Windows on Windows emulator (WOW64). SP4 addresses specific issues discovered in SQL Server 2000 since its ship date. SP4 is also the first service pack to service the 64-bit edition of SQL Server.
- Includes a new version of MSXML version 3.0 SP6
- Includes MDAC 2.8 SP1 except for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 platforms, where it is included with the operating system service packs for those platforms
- Adds platform support: With Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition, SP4 provides support for 32-bit SQL Server applications on 64-bit architectures using the Windows on Windows emulator (WOW64)
- Adds platform support: With SP4, you can leverage 64-bit processor architectures using 32-bit SQL Server applications when running in WOW64
- Improves documentation; the Readme documents are reorganized into four distinct readme files for the different SP4 components
No comments yet