Mp3tag can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists, and more. It supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
- NEW: added portable installation mode that stores settings in application directory and doesn't write information to the registry
- NEW: installer now asks for UAC admin elevation in case if its run from a non-admin user account
- NEW: added size estimation to uninstaller
- NEW: added version information to installer
- NEW: improved installer UI for high-resolution screens with high DPI settings (DPI awareness)
- NEW: added placeholders to access file path of current active playlist, i.e., %_playlist_filename%, %_playlist_filename_ext% and %_playlist_folderpath%
- NEW: added support for iTunes-specific ID3v2 grouping tag field GRP1 as GROUPING
- NEW: added support for press and hold gesture on cover art window to trigger context menu on touch devices
- NEW: added support for reading ID3v2.2 iTunes tag fields for classical music MOVEMENT, MOVEMENTTOTAL, MOVEMENTNAME
- CHG: changed installer and application to guess user language instead of asking user
- CHG: updated installer icons and graphics
- FIX: automatic playlist creation used previous values after tag save
- FIX: converter 'Tag - Filename' treated paths that were built from field values containing slash characters as relative
- FIX: improved ID3v2 specification compliance by adding terminating 0x00 for text strings
- FIX: missing breadcrumb links in help topic for "Configuration > Tags > Mapping" and missing link from "Configuration > Tags"
- FIX: randomizing a filtered file list by clicking on first column header resulted in resetting of list contents
- FIX: regression where URL ID3v2 fields (WWW*) were accidentally written as multi-value fields (since v2.80a)
- FIX: renaming files via direct-editing in file list in %_filepath% column automatically removed trailing blanks
- FIX: value overflow when calculating bitrate for large VBR MP3 files which resulted in negative bitrates
- LNG: added Corsican installer language and updated Czech and Turkish language files
Reviewing 2.80 (Dec 6, 2016)
i tried out with this software and it is working well. I was in need of such softwares for my system to upgrade
Reviewing 2.72 (Oct 13, 2015)
Brilliant as always - Used for many years & does all I ask of it.
Reviewing 2.69a Beta (Mar 23, 2015)
Reviewing 2.66 (Dec 19, 2014)
roj, did you check out the 'Action' feature? It can make search and replace/remove etc.