Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- Add document peek feature (while mouse hovering on tab)
- Add peek on document map feature
- Fix issue with clicking links in html/js/asp/php
- Fix folding vertical line loses colour after changing folding style via Preference dialog
- Enhance folding feature (multi-line quotes) for python
- Improve certificate verifying method
- Fix issue of losing syntax highlighting while changing file extension (by "save as")
- Enhance the UI of "Windows" dialog (Menu "Window->Windows...") for sorting
- Apply the new file custom encoding (Unicode or not) while opening an empty content file
- Improve whitespace visibility while the visualization of whitespace is activated
- Support RTL for header and footer printing
- Add a warning message for launching folder as Workspace while both files and folders are dropped in Notepad++
- Drag and dropping tabs is possible in multi-line tab mode
- Fix issue of right clicking on multiline tabs
- Add new moving tabs with mouse wheel feature (SHIFT + Mouse Wheel)
- Fix text on active tabs (multi-line mode) being clipped problem
- Fix regression for saving session file (for session file extension, if set)
- Enhance saving workspace file by adding workspace file extension (if set)
- Fix change.log always opened issue
Reviewing 6.8.9 (Jan 15, 2016)
The release 6.8.9 has been removed from the website because it failed the regression test.
Reviewing 6.7.4 "Je suis Charlie Edition" (Jan 12, 2015)
But it's a very good Editor.
Reviewing 6.7.2 (Dec 29, 2014)
This program is very good but it can't handle extremely large files.
Reviewing 6.6.6 "Friday the 13th Edition" (Jun 13, 2014)
Gave it it a 5 stars rating just because of the version number and the date it's out as in Friday the 13th. :-P Also did a screen capture!
Reviewing 6.6.1 (May 7, 2014)
2 stars less for not fixing "stylerTheme" path in "config" file to be portable even though I told the author about it ages ago.
No comments yet