Thundertray 0.8 Beta for Windows

by protonfx.com

Avg. Rating 4.5 (15 votes)

File Details

File Size 0.0 MB
License Freeware
Operating System Windows 2000/9x/Server 2003/XP
Date Added
Total Downloads 22,390
Publisher protonfx.com
Homepage Thundertray

Publisher's Description

Thundertray is a tiny application that allows you to launch and minimize the Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail client from the Windows system tray.

Latest Reviews

Nikkie

Nikkie reviewed v0.8 Beta on Jun 1, 2005

the program below is only for minimizing and it cant start up with the computer etc.. its not really the same as the plugin above ...

DarkHound

DarkHound reviewed v0.8 Beta on Mar 30, 2005

==Update from the creator's website==
05/13/2004: Some news
Well, it has been rather quiet here for the last few months hasn't it? Unfortunately there is not much (good) news to report. For starters the Thundertray (Thunderbird minimize-to-tray) project is now officially dead. There will be no new versions and all download links have been removed from the site.
==Comment==
There is an extension that does the same thing now. No external program needed. You can find it here:
http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/
==Original Review==
For starters ThunderTray is not an email client, it's a utility that allows Mozilla Thunderbird to minimize to the tray. (Functionality that should be standard anymore imho) It does exactly what it say it will, the only complaint I have is with the latest version and the "launchshow" command. It seems to only work about 80 percent of the time, and the other 20 percent Thunderbird hangs and I have to kill it in the task manager. Despite this, I still give ThunderTray a 5.

Pizda

Pizda reviewed v0.8 Beta on Jul 30, 2004

Nice mail client, but where the hell is the archiving feature? I need to periodically archive my mail from the IMAP server (to save space, obviously) and I can't find it! Does it exist at all? Until this feature is implemented, I'm back to Outlook... Other than that, the client is perfect. Developers: Archiving!!!

L06@N

[email protected] reviewed v0.8 Beta on Dec 27, 2003

A little buggy with the last version, but this release (w/ the newest stable or nightly of Thunderbird) works very well and so far w/o problems.
Keep up the good work!

rob@sn0n.com

[email protected] reviewed v0.7.7 Beta on Dec 13, 2003

it does what it says... ill give it that.. but its buggy in making thunderbird show again.. and hide.. its faster for me to close and open it then hide and show it.. maybe its just me.. but.. yea..

DigitalSin

DigitalSin reviewed v0.7.6 Beta on Oct 14, 2003

Sexy!

Scorched Earth

Scorched Earth reviewed v0.7.5 Beta on Oct 12, 2003

Glad to see a program like this released. Email clients that don't minimize to the sys tray have always irritated me, which is why Outlook Express, Mozilla Mail, and Thunderbird never lasted long with me. I've found TheBat though, and I'm going to stick with it. Still, it's nice to see Thunderbird becoming more functional, although this feature really should be standard in the mail client itsself.

veeoh

veeoh reviewed v0.7.5 Beta on Oct 12, 2003

Yeh, like this a lot - nice little app to have - Uses about 600k of ram just sitting there.

Recommended

TrueSatan

TrueSatan reviewed v0.7.1 Beta on Sep 28, 2003

It simply does what it says it does. It's a fairly minor add on for Thunderbird but useful one the less and, so far, completely without problems. A pity it isn't part of the application already though bt that's not the fault of this programme or its developer.

Avg. Rating 4.5 (15 votes)
Your Rating
Nikkie

Nikkie reviewed v0.8 Beta on Jun 1, 2005

the program below is only for minimizing and it cant start up with the computer etc.. its not really the same as the plugin above ...

DarkHound

DarkHound reviewed v0.8 Beta on Mar 30, 2005

==Update from the creator's website==
05/13/2004: Some news
Well, it has been rather quiet here for the last few months hasn't it? Unfortunately there is not much (good) news to report. For starters the Thundertray (Thunderbird minimize-to-tray) project is now officially dead. There will be no new versions and all download links have been removed from the site.
==Comment==
There is an extension that does the same thing now. No external program needed. You can find it here:
http://minimizetotray.mozdev.org/
==Original Review==
For starters ThunderTray is not an email client, it's a utility that allows Mozilla Thunderbird to minimize to the tray. (Functionality that should be standard anymore imho) It does exactly what it say it will, the only complaint I have is with the latest version and the "launchshow" command. It seems to only work about 80 percent of the time, and the other 20 percent Thunderbird hangs and I have to kill it in the task manager. Despite this, I still give ThunderTray a 5.

Pizda

Pizda reviewed v0.8 Beta on Jul 30, 2004

Nice mail client, but where the hell is the archiving feature? I need to periodically archive my mail from the IMAP server (to save space, obviously) and I can't find it! Does it exist at all? Until this feature is implemented, I'm back to Outlook... Other than that, the client is perfect. Developers: Archiving!!!

L06@N

[email protected] reviewed v0.8 Beta on Dec 27, 2003

A little buggy with the last version, but this release (w/ the newest stable or nightly of Thunderbird) works very well and so far w/o problems.
Keep up the good work!

rob@sn0n.com

[email protected] reviewed v0.7.7 Beta on Dec 13, 2003

it does what it says... ill give it that.. but its buggy in making thunderbird show again.. and hide.. its faster for me to close and open it then hide and show it.. maybe its just me.. but.. yea..

DigitalSin

DigitalSin reviewed v0.7.6 Beta on Oct 14, 2003

Sexy!

Scorched Earth

Scorched Earth reviewed v0.7.5 Beta on Oct 12, 2003

Glad to see a program like this released. Email clients that don't minimize to the sys tray have always irritated me, which is why Outlook Express, Mozilla Mail, and Thunderbird never lasted long with me. I've found TheBat though, and I'm going to stick with it. Still, it's nice to see Thunderbird becoming more functional, although this feature really should be standard in the mail client itsself.

veeoh

veeoh reviewed v0.7.5 Beta on Oct 12, 2003

Yeh, like this a lot - nice little app to have - Uses about 600k of ram just sitting there.

Recommended

TrueSatan

TrueSatan reviewed v0.7.1 Beta on Sep 28, 2003

It simply does what it says it does. It's a fairly minor add on for Thunderbird but useful one the less and, so far, completely without problems. A pity it isn't part of the application already though bt that's not the fault of this programme or its developer.

© 1998-2019 BetaNews, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy.