Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.
- Fixed: Dimmed icons (for hidden files) were drawn incorrectly on Windows 2000 and older if the background color wasn't white (32)
- Fixed: Lister, html view: was not recognized as UTF-8 encoding header (32/64)
- Fixed: Search function: When saving search and overwriting an existing search with different upper-/lowercase characters, there was a (correct) overwrite warning, but the search appeared twice in the list (64)
- Fixed: When preloading icons from system image list, draw the icon already in the background thread (hidden), because the icon seems to be loaded only when drawn (32/64)
- Fixed: F6 move: Skipping empty dirs by appending |**\ to second input line didn't work when moving within the same drive (32/64)
- Fixed: Hide "Themed cursor" checkbox in configuration dialog on systems older than Windows XP (32/64)
- Fixed: Separate quick view window was closed when choosing directory from directory hotlist or history in other panel (32/64)
- Fixed: Drag&Drop to other file panel not possible while separate quick view window was shown (32/64)
- Fixed: Alt+F5 pack dialog was shown on wrong (primary) screen when the last used packer was a plugin (caused by focus change) (64)
- Fixed: Content plugin field selection dialog: extra text (x.xx) after size field units wasn't removed when adding a field (64)
- Added: wincmd.ini [Configuration] SkippedFileCopy=100 or more: Option to set a different delay (in ms) at start of a file operation during which a user can be asked whether he wants to overwrite a file (32/64)
- Fixed: Delay-load Windows drive icons when not using the drive buttonbar. Disable via wincmd.ini [Configuration] LoadDriveIconsInBackground=0 (32/64)
- Fixed: Internal command SELECTFILES (and also SELECTFILESB, SELECTFILESD etc.) didn't work with saved selections in the form >Saved_selection any more (32/64)
Reviewing 8.50 Beta 9 (Nov 14, 2013)
@smaragdus... hahaha Actually Vista Service Pack 2 fixed a lot of remaining problems in Vista. With the right tweaked settings and disabling of some unnecessary services(quite a few services actually), Vista on my cheaper PC works fairly well. Now using it as an online media center for the living room TV and won't have to worry about security updates for a few more years.
The rating for Total Commander remains the same... 3 stars. For those that like all that extra stuff, I guess for them it WOULD be rated higher. Would just be nice if Total Commander had the option(s) to make it more simple(dumbed down if you will) like with Windows Explorer in XP and prior while keeping some of the extra options that I would like to have.
Reviewing 8.50 Beta 8 (Nov 7, 2013)
You mean you downgraded to Vista from XP? Amazing!
Total Commander is great but the buying procedure is not. In fact it prevented me from purchasing it. No electronic license key delivery, only by post!?! It seem the developer of Total Commander is still living in the early 90s and does not want to earn money.
Reviewing 8.50 Beta 8 (Nov 6, 2013)
Made way too complicated to adjust to your liking. I prefer simple functionality. Recently upgraded to Vista from XP on one PC and found Windows Explorer on Vista to be unacceptable. I've tried many alternatives and Total Commander sure wasn't it. Decided on Cubic Explorer. One drawback to Cubic Explorer is it doesn't auto-refresh properly. Still better than Vista's Windows Explorer where the main problem was trying to drag a file or folder into the right hand pane without it ending up in some other current folder. You had to move it oh so delicately to get it in without it ending up in another folder by mistake.
Barely 3 stars.
Reviewing 8.50 Beta 6 (Oct 21, 2013)
@oompoop - Total rubbish - That's like arguing MS Office/Windows or any beta/trial-ware which includes just about all commercial software are freeware because you can run a beta/trial for free (or until final release) - They are not freeware & neither is this.
So no I don't Comprendo ~
Reviewing 8.50 Beta 6 (Oct 19, 2013)
@montessa and more ...
This special version is a B E T A , and you are not allowed to get the full price for a beta - so this is freeware.
No comments yet