VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
- Shared Folders: fixed case insensitive filename access (5.1.16 regression; Windows guests only; bug #16549)
- Shared Folders: fixed access to long pathes (5.1.16 regression; Windows guests only; bugs #14651, #16564)
- API: fixed snapshot handling of medium attachments and PCI device attachments (bug #16545)
- API: make 32-bit Windows guests in raw mode boot again if the ICH9 chipset is used (5.1.16 regression)
- VBoxBugReport: fixed VM log collection issue
- Linux hosts: fixed autostart service script (bug #14955)
- Windows Additions: fixed automatic logins for Windows Vista and newer (5.1.4 regression; bug #15904)
Reviewing 5.1.6-110634 (Sep 14, 2016)
Reviewing 5.0.18-106667 (Apr 19, 2016)
Now works on all Windows Insider Preview Builds. Great program.
Reviewing 5.0.16-105871 (Mar 8, 2016)
Solid. I've been using this as test platforms daily for many years without any issues worth noting. Continues to get better.
Reviewing 5.0.12-104815 (Jan 5, 2016)
I'd give it a 3.5 if I could because it is "free" ... my main problem is every now and then it gets "disconnected" from the VM file and although I've been working with computers as a tool since early 80s I still find it difficult to get the VM file that I've worked with for months to function again and it's usually just easier to start a new one which is disappointing because I lose all the programs and settings ... for all practical purposes it was like a hard disk crash and lose everything.
Reviewing 5.0.2-102096 (Aug 16, 2015)
Huge fan of VB. Been using it for years. Upgraded recently to Win10 and talk about headaches. Even the current version of VB (10.0.2) has issues so did what was recommended and stuck with the beta (5.0.1r102010) and it's pretty stable (VB doesn't crash Win10 anymore after waking Win10 from Hibernation or sleep; sound now works in guests as well which is cool too). I'll wait until the official release of one that states it's Win10 compatible before installling it. Still giving VB 5 stars; well deserved. Just grateful for the fixes that the VB team (and M$ too for that matter) has done to fix the issues that at least works for me now. :)
No comments yet