Wavosaur is a free sound editor, audio editor, wav editor software for editing, processing and recording sounds, wav and mp3 files. It has all the features to edit audio (cut, copy, paste, etc.) produce music loops, analyze, record, batch convert.
- Discover new Wavosaur Widgets: Widgets are plugings completely dockable windows with high performance measurements for various audio parameters:
- Real time ouput FFT (multichannel)
- RMS power measurements
- Scope mode for output signal visualization
- Panning for stereo analysis
- Lot's of bug corrections/optimizations x86 & x64 bits
- Channel processing
- Auxiliary left and auxiliary right channel convertion to mono
- Convertion to mono optimized with mix of only selected channels
- New "Select all" feature on right click
- New FXP and FXB management with strong support of Steinberg VST program and bank files
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 (Dec 31, 2012)
I don't think it works with Win8 64. Won't run even in compatibly mode. A 1 just because I could not test it.
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 (Jun 24, 2008)
This is a very useful tool for audio files. I find it to be the best free one available, for it's feature set & ease of use.
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Mar 31, 2008)
It is the best free audio editing program at the moment and it is very small in size. You can run it without installation and it is capable of doing things like a professional editor. I do not buy soundforge for my samples. I use wavosaur. It start very fast and you can edit fast and you can add vst or propritary FX to your samples.
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Mar 29, 2008)
Wow. Wavesaur i the best freeware sound editing tool I've ever used. Not only
for basic editing but also for ambitious task with VST plugin support.
Moreover this feels like i great piece of code with its small size, its great
speed and stability. The developers website gives al lot of transparent
information and a great list of free VST plugins. So try i out. This one is
definitely worth a look. - Everything what audacity ever wanted to be but has
never reached in a satisfying way.
Reviewing 126.96.36.19900 (Oct 2, 2007)
I only need basic editing of concert recordings to crop out gaps between songs. Wavosaur has a nice, straightforward UI so it's easy to get the job done. (I previously tried Audacity but didn't like the UI.) Plus it's nice to add fade ins & outs which the basic Windows recorder software doesn't have (and is not included with the new Vista computer I recently purchased.)
No comments yet