Web Link Validator is a utility for verification of links accuracy, existence, and availability. Using this powerful tool, webmasters can find broken links or links containing syntactic errors. It can check over 100,000 links during one session and save all the retrieved information to a file to be viewed and analyzed later. It also supports importing and checking of plain text URL lists, Microsoft Internet Explorer Favorites, Netscape Navigator Bookmarks, and Opera Hotlist. This smart and powerful tool will be useful for experienced system administrators as well as for the newbies who have just launched their first homepage.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- New interface in the Report window
- (Action -> Report)
- Added the Redirect Status field to link properties
- (Website Verification -> Link Properties -> General tab)
- Added new reports: 'Pages with missing titles', 'Small pages', 'Deep pages', 'Duplicate titles', 'List of processed pages', 'Link tree' and 'Site map'
- Added new filters: 'Pages with bad bookmarks', 'Pages with missing titles' and 'Content type'
- Added sub-filters for 'Redirected links': '301 Moved permanently', '302 Found', '3xx Other codes', 'Internal redirect' and 'External redirect'
- Added generating Excel reports with clickable links
- (Action -> Profile -> Report -> Limits)
- Added excluding specific bookmarks
- (Action -> Advanced -> Bookmarks)
- Adobe Flash (.SWF) and Microsoft Silverlight (.XAP) files now count when calculating page download size
- Added copying multiple selected links to clipboard in the Website Verification mode
- Added sorting data in the reports by URL
- Authentication data in profile is now encrypted
- Improved active filter indicator for the the Website Verification mode
- Improved importing links in the Link List mode
- Fixed the bug of treating bookmarks to PDF documents as bad bookmarks on page
- Fixed the bug with Page Rules that caused modifying a page rule other than the one that was edited
Reviewing 5.0 Build 490 Beta (Oct 17, 2007)
I made a comparison by using it like AM_Deadlink. It really is faster than deadlink at checking all the links so that is a plus. Still, using Web Link Validator is not simple as it could be? I absolutely had to follow the step by step explanations in the HelpMe file. So, for non techies like me it is a problem. So, I will at least give it a neutral 3 for it doing what at least that part of the program does, and very fast, may I say so. For my own needs $95.00 would be totally insane. Maybe a techy would be more able to see if the price is worth it. By the way, I didn't see a "Favorites Icons Checker".
No comments yet