Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OSX, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.
- OpenGL support in the Android driver
- Support for security labels
- Relay debugging on ARM64
- More dictionary support in WebServices
- New registry file parser in RegEdit
- Various bug fixes
- 11433 unimplemented function ole32.dll.OleGetIconOfFile
- 22776 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 flickery textures in midrange background
- 27106 IMSSA EuroDEEM (VB6 app) fails on startup, reporting "Type MisMatch" error (VARIANT_Coerce: treat VT_NULL like VT_EMPTY when converting to VT_BSTR)
- 32233 Battlefield Bad Company 2 weapons/items hold by player distorted/invisible
- 33740 Sound Recorder displays error when seeking MP3 stream to the end
- 39909 4K display bug (3840x2160)
- 42140 "Unrecognized stencil op 0" messages flooding system log in Söldner Secret Wars
- 42910 Scrabble (Infogrames) multiplayer requires IDirectPlay4::EnumConnections
- 43084 PresentMon requires tdh.dll
- 43098 WarBR: game (WarS v5.5 p4) crashes on unimplemented function wmvcore.dll.WMCheckURLScheme when using native wmp.dll (WMP9)
- 43122 Retro Achievements Snes9x emulator crashes on start
- 43152 VistA GuiMail won't start, needs adsldpc.dll
- 43157 Adobe Premiere needs ntoskrnl.exe.KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc
- 43175 redefinition of typedef ‘ID2D1Image’ (gcc-4.2)
- 43216 winhttp fails to redirect from http to https on 301 error
- 43220 Adobe Premiere needs ntoskrnl.exe.KeReleaseSpinLock
Reviewing 2.9 Development (May 29, 2017)
While this is great software, its getting to be pointless. Windows is dead, desktop is dying. The ONLY thing anyone will care about soon (if not already) is 'will my android app/game run on it?'. Thats why these guys should be working on a full blown android emulation or abstraction layer for linux. Thats reallyall that matter now, the war is over.
Reviewing 2.0 RC5 (Jan 16, 2017)
Wine is really good at everything but games now, and game issues are mostly cause by driver issues.
Reviewing 1.9.19 Development (Sep 24, 2016)
Reviewing 1.9.8 Development (Apr 18, 2016)
Why the f^ck does everyone think they need MS Office just to do email.. I'll never understand why people want any MS crap on their machines.
Reviewing 1.7.28 Development (Oct 4, 2014)
Wine development has almost completely stalled recently. Sigh. :(
No comments yet