n-Track Studio allows to use your computer as a complete recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks, depending on your computer's speed. Realtime Audio effects can be added to each track, to the master, group or aux channels non-destructively: you can adjust the effect settings and listen to the result in real time. Besides its native effects (Reverb, Compression, EQ, Echo, Auto volume, Pitch Shift and Chorus) the program also supports third party DirectX and VST 2.0 plug-ins. The program works with any standard or multichannel 16 and 24 bit soundcards at sampling frequencies up to 192 Khz.
- The main toolbar can now be fully customized: add/remove, sort and group buttons, use the main toolbar as a floating window [New Feature]
- Vastly improved responsiveness when working on large projects [Improvement]
- Volume ramping fixes clicks when using the Normalize command on portions of a track [New Feature]
- The reverse playback direction is now honored when mixing down - i.e. you can now create a reverse playback mixdown [New Feature]
- N-Track now restores the state of automation envelopes (i.e. which automation is displayed on which track) when reloading a song [New Feature]
- Added pattern following during playback on Step Sequencer [New Feature]
- Redesigned integrated Songtree community [Improvement]
- Native support for mp3 files on Windows - encode/decode a .mp3 file without downloading external codecs [Improvement]
- Improved pattern and playlist items dragging on Step Sequencer [Improvement]
- Various UI improvements [Improvement]
- Fixed a number of minor bugs and crashes [Bug fix]
Reviewing 18.104.22.16864 (Mar 28, 2010)
As usual its been updated since the topic was posted!
Its always updated and brings fixes and quite regularly new features
The BEST multitrack editor around, always has been, always will be
Try and get something done in Sonar etc and then use this, and then ask yourself why you forked out all that money to use a kludgy thing like Sonar....
5 stars all the way
Reviewing 5.0.9 Build 2286 (Jul 16, 2007)
hmmm...cheap. but i prefer Soundforge
Reviewing 4.1 Build 1923 Beta (Jul 27, 2005)
N Track is always the program that starts and finishes all my sound projects. I may have to use Sound Forge and/or Audacity for a file conversion but I go right back to N Track to work with it. I have several other recording programs and they become very complicated compared to N Track.
Reviewing 4.0.4 Build 1803 (Mar 25, 2005)
i use this program constantly. This update is flawed as it always asks if you wish for it to remove the prior version and not change any settings. This update will not let you install it til you remove the last version.
I'm looking for a audio software package that will allow me to record from more than two tracks. If I have four USB microphones connected to a computer at the same time, what software will allow me to record four separate discreet tracks?