LameXP is a graphical front-end for the LAME MP3, Ogg Vorbis and Nero AAC audio encoders. Supported input types are Wave, MP3, MP2, OGG/Vorbis, FLAC, MP4/AAC, AC3, DTS, WavPack, Musepack, TTA, Speex, Monkey's Audio, Shorten, ALAC and WMA. It also reads M3U, PLS and ASX playlists as well as Cuesheets. The easy-to-use interface supports multiple languages, including English, German, Spanish and Italian. Batch processing is implemented and multi-threading will be used, if several processors/cores are available. The Nero AAC encoder is *not* included, but it's available from the Nero Webseite as free download.
- Upgraded build environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 with Update-2
- Fixed the location of temporary intermediate files for SoX-based audio effects
- Fixed embedding of meta tags with OggEnc2 when reading directly from OGG/FLAC input file
- Fixed encoding of non-Stereo sources with NeroAAC, when "HE-AAC v2 (SBR+PS)" is selected
- Fixed a bug that would cause the encoding job to fail, when an audio filter is skipped
- Enabled the "built-in" resampler for QAAC encoder
- The "Algorithm Quality" slider now also affects the QAAC encoder
- Added "AVX" (Advanced Vector Extensions) to CPU feature detection code
- Updated Opus encoder/decoder libraries to v1.2-alpha and Opus-Tools to v0.1.9 (2016-11-04)
- Updated LAME encoder to v3.100 Alpha-2 (2016-01-29), compiled with ICL 15.0 and MSVC 12.0
- Updated FLAC encoder/decoder to v1.3.1 (2016-10-04), compiled with ICL 17.0 and MSVC 12.0
- Updated MediaInfo to v0.7.90 (2016-10-31), compiled with ICL 17.0 and MSVC 12.0
- Updated mpg123 decoder to v1.23.8 (2016-09-27), compiled with GCC 6.2.0
- Updated ALAC decoder to refalac v1.61 (2016-10-02)
- Updated WavPack decoder to v4.80.0 (2016-03-28), compiled with ICL 15.0 and MSVC 12.0
- Updated GnuPG to v1.4.21 (2016-08-17), compiled with GCC 6.1.0
- Updated QAAC add-in to the to QAAC v2.61 (2016-10-02)
- Updated FhgAacEnc add-in to "Case" edition (2015-10-24)
- Improved auto-update function (faster Internet connectivity check)
Reviewing 4.00 (Jan 20, 2011)
Totally agree with the other comments about the unfortunate lack of WavPack encoding.
Reviewing 3.1.3 Beta 3 (Oct 5, 2009)
Like a previous reviewer, I'm struck oddly---and negatively---by the fact that this software transcodes from WavPack, yet can't encode it. I also wonder why Speex support is omitted, given that all other audio formats under the Xiph.org umbrella are supported.
I've often looked for a more modern replacement for the venerable deadware Multi-Frontend, and this could be it, but only if and when it can encode WavPack, which long ago replaced FLAC as my lossless format of choice.
Reviewing 3.1.3 Beta 2 (Oct 4, 2009)
Decent program. Personally I prefer EAC+Lame: displays a CMD window that shows how the (VBR) encoding is being distributed over the various bitrates. If you're not interested in that kind of information LameXP works fine: with individual progress bars.
Oddly, LameXP decodes wavpack but wont encode to wavpack, which limits my interest of it. Otherwise the interface is intuitive and clean and works well.
Tried the previously mentioned BonkEnc: proprietary GUI interface that doesn't even recognize CTRL or SHIF T Click. And introduces yet another format ".Bonk" which afaict is completely unneeded with FLAC or Wavpack. BonkEnc doesn't even recognize wavpack files. Fail in my books.
Reviewing 3.12 Hotfix-1 (Sep 9, 2009)
Hotfix working on my rig. It is a nice little program, but I still prefer BonkEnc, which provides more detail and features. This app works, and it is free, but there is some solid competition out there and some do it better than this update. Still, I think with some more work, it may turn out to be a recommendable app.
Reviewing 3.12 RC2 (Aug 4, 2009)
Unable to run the setup. Some module error....
No comments yet