The GodFather is here to put order to chaos and put you in control. No more strange file names and endless search for "that song." Rename, update tags, restructure files on hard disk, create/merge play lists, encode-decode with LAME/Ogg Vorbis/MpcEnc, export/import to/from file, play, use freedb.org and allmusic.com with ease of use and perfect results every time.
- New right click command, 'Open file in explorer'
- New columns: encoding/tag type/path/directory/file date/file time
- Added support for Bad ID3v2.3 tags using ID3v2.2 frames
- Library added fields compilation,content group,conductor, media type
- Library small UI changes
- Support for the Initial Key field
- Option to use the current folder for Open/Save file dialogs
- Added miscellaneous options for the grid appearance
- Restructure: 'Remove empty folders' option added
- Restructure: Added support for presets
- Restructure: 'Other files' can now include entire folders (e.g *.m3u;\covers )
- Drag n Drop allowed for template image
- Library: improved list parsing for tones/styles and added situation,composer,genre
- Library: listings used on tree
- Library: Added artist rating
- Workflow recap
- Presets dialog enhanced
- All controls that accept %variables have a context menu attached
- Option for ID3v2 language descriptor added
- Grid column presets remember row height, header height, word wrap
- Internal optimizations
- Updated compiler, support for high DPI screens
- Rename: Preview will no longer produce an empty result under some circumstances
- Rename: Illegal character removal is executed after the work flow
- Minor script engine corrections
- Library, Unicode temporary playlist is used for play and enqueue operations
- Web queries containing certain Unicode characters work correctly
- Presets dialog smaller fixes
- Library track sorting fixed
- some regex functionality restored
- %R% variable padding fix for mp4 files
- Small Online script updates +++
- Minor Restructure fix for illegal folder names
- Command line decoding with flac.exe always uses the -F switch (ignore decoding errors)
- illegal folder names ending with '.' fixed during restructure
- Organize/restructure script combo will refresh correctly
- Full tag edit: deleting pictures always refreshes the display correctly
- Library: minor UI fixes
- Library random record generator fixes
Reviewing 0.87 (Jan 1, 2014)
I'm not sure if it was just my system, but when I installed the beta or the version before my system froze when the app started.
Reviewing 0.81 (Aug 24, 2012)
Perhaps you should try again or at least read the Help File seeing how Godfather is too difficult for you to use.
Nice to see a new version and it is working fine.
Reviewing 0.81 Beta 2 (Nov 21, 2011)
Simply the best tools for tagging. So easy to use
I think mp3tag is so overrated compared to this.
Reviewing 0.80 (Oct 19, 2010)
Upon installing and launching:
"Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."
Uh... WTH are you talking about? Nothing in the log. No details provided anywhere.
And when I navigate in the tree, not a single file appears in the right pane.
Typical high-rated freeware.
Reviewing 0.80 (Oct 19, 2010)
IT IS BACK! The best application for manipulating ID3 tags, titles and so forth.
Dead? Is this project dead, or what? Because after 2 years of no word, and no new updates, a beta 0.72 appears?
Is it back in dev, or is this just something the dev found, laying around?