AChat is open source application for your LAN. It allows you to chat in public and your own channels. You can also share here files, which other users can easily find via Search feature, but you can also send specific files to other users, show them images you just captured and send messages even to users that are currently offline.
- Added: directory structure now shown in Search tab
- Added: in-chat balloon hint on file transfer start
- Added: input text box automatically resizes on long text
- Added: multicast support (experimental)
- Added: Donate button to Help menu
- Added: option to log private messages in settings window
- Added: display last logged lines when new private message tab is opened
- Added: option to save settings to INI file
- Added: MD5 check when downloading new update from internet
- Changed: private message session window is now TABBED
- Changed: input text box is now resizeable
- Changed: input text box automatically adjusts to current text size
- Changed: private message window GUI
- Changed: reorganized Settings window
- Changed: AChat now binds to last used interface when it is brought up
- Changed: internal changes to file transfer
- Fixed: cleaner AChat shutdown
- Fixed: possible invalid characters when receiving image
- Fixed: possible crash on start with "Extension already exists" error
- Fixed: current topic not received on join
Reviewing 0.150 (Jan 25, 2007)
Reviewing 0.141 (Jun 27, 2006)
Great program . Works great and lightweight..
Reviewing 0.141 (Jun 26, 2006)
This programs is excellent. It's Easy to install and run. Detects the other computers on the lan automatically.
Reviewing 0.131 (Dec 15, 2005)
Borgchat is also great for lan chatting, e/pop is not bad either having remote control tool.
Reviewing 0.131 (Dec 14, 2005)
A decent LAN only client. If anyone else has experience with LAN only clients I'd like to hear it, business use primarily. Open source a plus...
No comments yet