Chasys Draw IES is a suite of applications including a layer-based image editor with animation, vista-style icon support and super-resolution via image stacking (Chasys Draw IES Artist), a multi-threaded image file converter (Chasys Draw IES Converter), a fast image viewer (Chasys Draw IES Viewer) and a raw camera file processor (Chasys Draw IES raw-Photo). The whole suite is UAC aware and is designed to take advantage of multi-core processors and touch-screens.
- Alpha Unblend image stacking function
- Improved Context-sensitive Help
- CD5 v3,30 with new compression engines
- Onion-skinning through F9 and Space-bar
- Added Onion-skinning to Animation Tutorial
- Improved Snap-to-Grid feature
- Improved Layer management logic
- Improved Photoshop Plug-in support
- Improved support for Paint.NET's PDN files
- Several minor code optimizations
- Several minor UI improvements
- [bug fix] Some paths are not closed
- [bug fix] Workspace may freeze on build 4.27.01
Reviewing 3.63.01 (May 2, 2011)
I played with it for few days, it is not bad at all. Have some useful features. Editor itself is responsible, and can be usegul for editing web graphics. I own Paint Sho Pro X2 so compare to it Chasys Draw IES does not give me anything more. For people who does not like Gimp or Paint.NET and others can be this editor good alternative. Be aware of some non standard control.
Reviewing 3.63.01 (May 1, 2011)
Finally a Photoshop plugins compatible freeware editor that doesn't use stupid .NET! It's great, fast, small. Lovely! Give it a try.
Reviewing 3.60.03 (Feb 22, 2011)
All I get after unzipping is a file called "chasys_draw_ies" that doesn't seem to be an .exe file.
EDIT= It would seem that the link here isn't working properly. I did download it from CNET and there I got the full install and extras.
No comments yet