HostsMan is a freeware application that lets you manage your Hosts file with ease. Features online update of hosts file; enable/disable usage of hosts file; open Hosts file with one click; merge two hosts files; built-in hosts editor; prevent other programs of writing to the hosts; scan hosts for errors, duplicates and possible hijacks; find how many host names; easily install newly downloaded hosts file; create encrypted backups of your hosts file; resolve host names; keep log of latest blocked sites; exclusion list and more.
- Added: workaround for issue specific to Windows Vista that prevents HostsMan from starting
- Added: read support for 7-Zip archives (32-bit 7z.dll is required)
- Added: display warning when using some update features with DNS Client service enabled
- Added: information about DNS Client service to the documentation
- Changed: removed option to encrypt exported file in "Import/Export" wizard
- Changed: improved DPI scaling
- Changed: minor UI tweaks
- Changed: improved error handling when downloading updates
- Changed: "Notepad" as the optional hosts file editor replaced with "Default text editor"
- Changed: improved installer's upgrade method
- Fixed: several minor bugs
Reviewing 4.0.88 Beta 9 (Sep 12, 2012)
Ignore the clueless. Great app!
Reviewing 4.0.86 Beta 7 (Aug 6, 2012)
seems too geeky for the casual user
Reviewing 4.0.86 Beta 7 (Jul 17, 2012)
-Needs to be portable, where it writes to no where but that hosts file.
-Auto upgrade to new versions.
-Less child windows, whats wrong with tabs?!
Reviewing 4.0.86 Beta 7 (Jul 16, 2012)
Crashes on Save.
Reviewing 4.0.84 Beta 5 (Apr 16, 2012)
Love this program, keep up the good work.
brrrk brrrk bk bk bk brrrrrk