HostsMan is a freeware application that lets you manage your Hosts file with ease. Features online update of hosts file; enable/disable usage of hosts file; open Hosts file with one click; merge two hosts files; built-in hosts editor; prevent other programs of writing to the hosts; scan hosts for errors, duplicates and possible hijacks; find how many host names; easily install newly downloaded hosts file; create encrypted backups of your hosts file; resolve host names; keep log of latest blocked sites; exclusion list and more.
- Changed: code refactoring
- Fixed: backup manager does not show backup files created in v3.2.73 and prior
- Fixed: possible access violation in the text file parser with files of certain sizes
- Fixed: import of compressed hosts files in "Import/Export" wizard is broken
- Fixed: index out of bounds error when trying to import from a compressed file that doesn't contain a hosts file
- Fixed: minor bugs
Reviewing 4.0.88 Beta 9 (Sep 12, 2012)
Ignore the clueless. Great app!
Reviewing 4.0.86 Beta 7 (Aug 6, 2012)
seems too geeky for the casual user
Reviewing 4.0.86 Beta 7 (Jul 17, 2012)
-Needs to be portable, where it writes to no where but that hosts file.
-Auto upgrade to new versions.
-Less child windows, whats wrong with tabs?!
Reviewing 4.0.86 Beta 7 (Jul 16, 2012)
Crashes on Save.
Reviewing 4.0.84 Beta 5 (Apr 16, 2012)
Love this program, keep up the good work.
brrrk brrrk bk bk bk brrrrrk