Inno Setup is a feature-packed installation builder. Features include a wizard interface, creation of a single EXE for easy online distribution, support for disk spanning, full uninstall capabilities, customizable setup types, integrated file compression, support for installing shared files and OCX's, and creation of Start Menu icons, INI entries, and registry entries.
- /LOG: Now logs INI entries. Also improved logging of icon entries
- Added new [Setup] section directive: Output, which defaults to yes. If set to no the Setup Compiler will only check the script for errors and skip creating setup files
- Console-mode compiler (ISCC) changes: ?Added new command line parameters /DO and /EO. These can be used to disable or enable output, overriding the Output directive
- Added new command line parameter /Qp. Can be used to enable quiet compile while still displaying progress. Contributed by KngStr via GitHub
- ISCC now automatically specifies any Sign Tools configured using the IDE, eliminating the need to specify these using the /S command line parameter. Also contributed by KngStr via GitHub
- Pascal Scripting changes: ?Added new function CurrentSourceFileName, which returns the source file name of the [Files] entry that is currently being processed. The returned name may include constants. Note: Do not attempt to call this function from outsi
- The already-existing StrToFloat and FloatToStr functions are now documented
- Strings and numbers are now highlighted. Based on contribution by maldoinc via GitHub
- Unicode Inno Setup: Added new class TStringStream
- Inno Setup Preprocessor (ISPP) changes: ?Added function DeleteFileNow
- Added 64-bit support to function ReadReg
- Added official Scottish Gaelic and Turkish translations
- Fix: [Setup] section directive UsePreviousLanguage was not working when Setup was running in 64-bit mode
- Unicode [Code] based on RemObjects Pascal Script Git commit 97eefc260b41ba51328d95b4ed43669f38655720
- Various documentation improvements. Contributed by jogo- via GitHub
Reviewing 5.5.4 (Jan 24, 2014)
Reviewing 5.4.1 (Feb 9, 2011)
Reviewing 5.3.11 (Sep 16, 2010)
Haven't used it in a year or so, but when I used to use it, it worked fine.
This seems to be the standard now for free install creators...used by so many applications.
Reviewing 5.2.3 (Mar 12, 2008)
I prefere a more user friedly aplications like Smart Install Maker, but this deserve the high rating :)
Reviewing 5.1.14 (Aug 8, 2007)
Personally I prefer NSIS, but INNO is great as well! goes down to user taste.
No comments yet