WebSite-Watcher checks an unlimited number of web-sites for updates and changes with a minimum of time and online-costs. When changes in a website are detected, it saves the last two versions to your hard disk and highlights all changes in the text.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- New option to optionally disable toolbar tooltips
- Plugins: "Bookmark_Setproperty" can read/write the bookmark note
- Plugins: "Bookmark_Setproperty" can write the bookmark name
- Checking PDF files with Internet Explorer Macros
- Bookmark pre-definitions: It's possible to predefine the option "Suppress frameset warning"
- Bookmark pre-definitions: It's possible to predefine the option "Ignore message: whole content filtered"
- Bookmark pre-definitions: It's possible to predefine the options "Checking method", "file type" and "character set"
- Scripting language: new function "GetLastCheckUpdatedBookmarkCount"
- Send e-mails: Header "X-Mailer" is no longer used in e-mails sent by WebSite-Watcher
- Bookmark properties / RSS feed analysis: Link URL is displayed
- Atom feeds: GUID is now used (this will cause a false positive when Atom feeds are checked the first time with the new version)
- Improved detection if bookmarks with check technology "Internet Explorer/Browser" have an error 404/page not found
- Improved detection if entered regular expressions are correct, WebSite-Watcher also show a warning when regular expressions will exceed internal memory limits due to massive backtracking
- Special filter / minimum number of changes: Max value increased from 99 to 999
- Re-creating database from cache folder improved
- Improved detection of database problems and corrupted databases
- Internet Explorer Macros improved
- Tweak "PerformCheckOnlyIfUrlExists" improved - http://website-watcher.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3535
- Improved: stopping AutoWatch while a check is running (could take a long time in previous versions)
- Json files are automatically handled as text files
- Internal: sending e-mails rewritten
- Internal: checking FTP files rewritten
- Internal: checking newsgroup rewritten
- Internal: backup system rewritten
- Problems with yahoo smtp servers fixed
- Bookmark properties / RSS / Keep the most recent X articles: Option did not work correctly for Atom feeds (only for RSS feeds)
- Bookmark properties + Convert Unicode URLs: Some conversion fixes/improvements
- Fix a bug where defined CSS filters were deleted falsely
- Smaller bugs fixed
Reviewing 13.0 (Feb 14, 2013)
Reviewing 13.0 Beta 2 (Jan 25, 2013)
This program is perfect. Highly customizable and goes the extra miles to do everything you ask of it. I love using it.
Reviewing 11.5 Beta 1 (Oct 3, 2011)
"lots of free products around which do the job correctly"
Alright, it would have been easy to just name one then. It obviously has to support regular expressions like Website Watcher to "do the job correctly".
Reviewing 11.3 (Jun 20, 2011)
Looks likes a 20 years old thing, behaves like a 20 years old thing, and is slow like a 20 years old thing. Indeed, lots of free products around which do the job correctly, this one doesn't (and probably never will)
Reviewing 11.0 (Feb 4, 2011)
This top-of-the-line software is being lanced by morons simply because the author doesn't want to work for free.
No comments yet