Zero Install is a decentralized cross-platform software-installation system available under the LGPL. It allows software developers to publish programs directly from their own web-sites, while supporting features familiar from centralized distribution repositories such as shared libraries, automatic updates and digital signatures. It is intended to complement, rather than replace, the operating system's package management. 0install packages never interfere with those provided by the distribution.
- Improved updating of stale feeds (optimized for offline use cases)
- Automatically close running applications when removing them from the implementation cache
- Added OneGet integration
- More detailed --verbose console output
- Fixed “access denied” error when removing certain desktop integrations
- Many small tweaks and bug fixes
Reviewing 2.3 (Aug 2, 2013)
Get the portable version rather than Install..!!
I reckon Dis-Appointment lies ahead for some guys
who may think this does ... "What it Doesn't"
No comments yet