FastStone Image Viewer is an image browser, viewer, converter and editor with an easy to use interface and a nice array of features that include resizing, renaming, cropping, color adjustments, watermarks and more. It also includes an intuitive full-screen mode that provides quick access to EXIF information and thumbnail browser via hidden toolbars that emerge when you touch the edge of your screen with the mouse. Other features include a high quality magnifier and built-in slideshow with 60+ transitional effects, as well as lossless JPEG transitions, drop shadow effects, image frames, scanner support, histogram and much more. It supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO and TGA.
- Improved the Straighten/Rotate tool. Now you can rotate and crop the image within the same window
- Added Auto Next Folder option to the Viewer tab of the Settings. This option lets you proceed to the next folder automatically when end of current folder is reached. Alternatively, you can press Alt + left/right arrow keys at the beginning/end of current
- Added Remember Last Viewed File to the Viewer tab of the Settings
- Added two Zoom Filters (Lanczos_Softer and Bilinear) to the Viewer tab of the Settings
- Added Full Screen Preview to Crop Board
- Added Update File Timestamp option to Save As dialog
- Added Copy Image (Ctrl+Shift+C) to the right click menu on thumbnails
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Image Strip Builder
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes
Reviewing 5.9 (Sep 15, 2016)
Great program, cant fault it. Worth anyone with photos installing it.
Reviewing 5.7 (Jun 8, 2016)
This is one of the first programs I install after installing Windows.
It's a marvellous program!
Reviewing 5.4 (Aug 10, 2015)
This is one of the best programs I've ever used!!
Reviewing 5.2 (Oct 5, 2014)
Hilbert, I think rating FSIV down for such a relatively silly feature is not sensible. But what's worse is that FSIV does have this feature. Hold Ctrl, use the mouse to select the desired rectangular area, then click inside that area. FSIV crops the image to the selection and zooms into it. I'm not sure if this feature was added after your review, but I think it has been there all along.
Reviewing 5.0 (Mar 3, 2014)
I totally agree with uberfly.
Multiple Instances: From my time as a windows-programming professional it was quite easy to allow multiple instances, does anyone know why FS is without support for multiple instances ?
Or did it get really complicated with the modern Windows-Versions?
I definitely hope to see this feature to start more than one instance.