IrfanView is a fast, simple freeware image viewer and editor that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, TGA, and more. In addition, it features drag-and-drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN support, slide shows, batch conversion, and modifications such as color depth, crop, blur, and sharpen.
The IrfanView PlugIns package offers additional file formats and effects for IrfanView.
- New Lossless JPG Dialog option: Rebuild EXIF-Thumbnail
- Update of EXIF-Thumbnail on JPG-Lossless-Crop
- Option to Edit EXIF date/time (Options menu or Thumbnails window for batch mode)
- Improved color accuracy in "Decrease color depth" function
- Added "Best quality" option in "Decrease color depth" dialog (Thanks to Kornel Lesinski!)
- New (Freeware) PlugIn for DWG format - thanks to BabaCAD-Software guys!
- New feature: Replace Color (Image menu and Advanced Batch dialog)
- New feature: Create tiled image (Image menu)
- New PlugIn: Filter Sandbox (Image->Effects menu, JewelScript, thanks to Stefan Kuhn!)
- Option to invert single color channels only (Image menu)
- New Edit menu option: Show Grid (see also Properties->Editing for cell size)
- New Slideshow Burning PlugIn for WinXP SP3 or later (Thanks to Eric Haddan!)
- New display options added: Fit small image side to window/desktop
- Profiles option added to Batch Rename dialog
- New Advanced Batch dialog option: Set new image size in MegaPixels
- New options for Fine Rotation effect: Keep old image size and background
- New feature in Color Corrections dialog: Change White Balance
- New effect in "Image->Add border/frame" dialog: Inside fading frame
- New Thumbnails menu: Extract pages from selected multipage files
- New Add Text dialog effect: Filled outline text (Thanks to Wong Shao Voon)
- Negative and Grayscale menus can work on selections
- Improved selection handling with large zooms
- Updated Icons-Plugin (bigger/nicer icons, thanks to Florian Kilzer)
- New hotkeys: CTRL + SHIFT + left/right arrow: Fine rotation, 0.10 deg
- New hotkeys: CTRL + SHIFT + up/down arrow: Fine rotation, 0.05 deg
- Batch-Scan dialog: some placeholders can be used for the filename (help file)
- New text placeholders to add $ and | characters (see help file)
- New (admin) INI file option: Set save formats in Save-As dialog (see FAQs)
- New hotkey for slideshow mode: SHIFT + Z = show all or portrait/landscape images
- Hotkey: G = stop or resume GIF/ANI animation (browse frames/pages if stopped)
- DCX/ANI loading bug fixed (reported by FuzzMyApp, thanks!)
- FPX bug fixed (reported by Secunia/Krystian Kloskowski, thanks!)
- Added reading support for 32-bit (96 BPP) TIF images
- New command line option: /multipdf (same syntax as /multitif)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated
Reviewing 4.36 (Dec 1, 2013)
Reviewing 4.36 (Aug 24, 2013)
Reviewing 4.36 (Aug 22, 2013)
Reviewing 4.36 (Aug 17, 2013)
I have used this program for over a decade and it ranks as my favorite. I like that the developers have resisted the temptation to turn Irfanview into some bloated behemoth. It has racked up millions of downloads because it is a fast and effective way to handle the nuts and bolts editing tasks that the average user is looking to get done. I suggest Zoo take a closer look at the image edit menu because the program most certainly does have a crop feature.
Reviewing 4.36 (Jul 4, 2013)
Absolutely the best app to use as a standard viewer.
In one image, if I want to crop multiple images at the same time, is it possible to do in Irfan View e.g. I have scan 36 photo passport on the same paper and now to want to crop it individually. How can we do a manual multiple crop with this?