IrfanView is a fast, simple freeware image viewer and editor that supports all major graphic formats, including BMP, DIB, JPEG, GIF, animated GIF, PNG, PCX, multipage TIFF, TGA, and more. In addition, it features drag-and-drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN support, slide shows, batch conversion, and modifications such as color depth, crop, blur, and sharpen.
The IrfanView PlugIns package offers additional file formats and effects for IrfanView.
- New Add Text dialog features: No selection needed, Preview, Effects etc
- Option to save profiles (Add-Text, JPG-Save and Color Correction dialog)
- New capture dialog option: Capture fixed screen rectangle; Stop timer
- New transparency save option: Use main window color (GIF, PNG, ICO)
- New file handling option: Remove sidecar files (Properties->File Handling)
- New options in Watermark dialog: Preview, Click to preview
- New folder browsing options in: Properties->Browsing (stop on folder end)
- The EXIF-Thumbnail will be updated during saving as JPG
- New (Freeware) PlugIn for DXF format - thanks to BabaCAD-Software guys
- New RAW format options in Properties->PlugIns
- New menu: View->Multipage images->Auto show page thumbnails dialog
- New print option for multipage images: Print specific pages
- Option to Set selection rectangle color (Properties->Editing)
- Context menu for video player (Copy frame, change volume)
- New display menu option: Apply Sharpen after Resample
- New button in Batch dialog: Save filenames as TXT file
- New Thumbnail menus: Start Multipage TIF/PDF dialog with selected files
- Thumbnails folder tree: CTRL + click = Load thumbs from all subfolders
- New option for FLV files: Play in main window (Properties->Video)
- New options in Batch rename dialog (create duplicate files)
- Option to save custom dimensions in Resize and Custom-Selection dialog
- Updated TIF loader
- Updated DJVU PlugIn, thanks to guys from Caminova
- Command line: wildcards support for /multitif and /panorama (see i_options.txt)
- Command line switch for /info: /shortinfo (write just file index and name)
- Command line option for EXE Slideshow: /clearmonitors (clear other monitors)
- Command line option "/append" can be now also used with "/scan"
- New placeholder: $Q (get "correct" file extension, if possible)
- New placeholder: $P (print size, from image->info dialog)
- New fullscreen/slideshow hotkey: C = center image, On/Off
- F8 key now allowed in slideshow mode: copy current file
- Some TIF/GIF/CLP loading bugs fixed (thanks to Codenomicon Fuzz-o-Matic guys!)
- PCX/XCF/ECW loading bug fixed (reported by FuzzMyApp, thanks!)
- FPX/RLE/TTF/DJVU bug fixed (by Francis Provencher via Secunia SVCRP, thanks!)
- JLS (CharLS) loading bug fixed (reported by Joseph Sheridan, thanks!)
- PIC format removed (Softimage PICT, loading bugs)
- NLM format removed (Nokia LogoManager formats, loading bugs)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated
Reviewing 4.35 (Nov 9, 2012)
Simple, compact, fast, powerful, and with lots of supported formats.
Unfortunatelly it lacks a native x64 version.
Reviewing 4.35 (Nov 8, 2012)
This is one of those programs that are so good that one doesn't even bother to check out other similar programs. That's how good it is.
Reviewing 4.33 (Updated) (Sep 19, 2012)
Irfanview is definitely a superior image viewer and one of the best free replacements to the built-in tool on Windows 7. It allows you to edit your images freely and easily without much fuss.
Reviewing 4.33 (Updated) (Apr 16, 2012)
I have been using Irfanview for years, as my default Windows image/photo viewer. You can even do basic tweaking of images, and other effects.
Reviewing 4.32 (Jan 6, 2012)
The best image viewing program that I've found. Sleek, efficient, robust and reliable.
I wish I could give this one a "6" rating.
In one image, if I want to crop multiple images at the same time, is it possible to do in Irfan View e.g. I have scan 36 photo passport on the same paper and now to want to crop it individually. How can we do a manual multiple crop with this?