K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of components needed for audio and video playback in DirectShow players such as Windows Media Player, Media Center, and Media Player Classic. It contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats. It also provides additional functionality such a thumbnail generation in Explorer. The pack has a very advanced installer which is highly flexible and has unique problem solving capabilities.
Full contains everything you need to play all the common audio and video file formats.
- Updated MPC-HC to version 184.108.40.206
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.64-11-g91742
- Updated Icaros to version 2.3.0 b5
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.7
- The default audio decoder has been changed from ffdshow to LAV
- The installer now has four installation modes (Simple/Normal/Advanced/Expert) which differ in the amount of options shown during installation. In the new default mode (Normal) less options are shown than in previous versions. To get the same amount of o
- The installer now provides options to specify your preferred audio and video player. The installation is optimized based on your choices
- In Simple and Normal install mode, the installer will now automatically create file associations for your preferred players. In Advanced and Expert mode, file associations are pre-configured, but can be adjusted as desired. There is an option to turn of
- The installer now provides easy options to specify your preferred audio/video decoders and splitter
- The goal of the above changes is to make the installation easier to use for novice users, while still providing full flexibility for our experienced users. Ideas and suggestions for further improvements are very much appreciated
Reviewing 10.0.9 (Mar 11, 2014)
good stuff 4 stars
Reviewing 9.9.9 Beta 2 (Jul 16, 2013)
Bar the covert addons its the king of hill, great pack that does its job well.
Reviewing 8.5.6 Beta (Mar 22, 2012)
Reviewing 7.6.5 Beta (Aug 15, 2011)
Be careful when you install this and make sure you do not click through each screen or else you will end up with 3rd Party Toolbar garbage.
4 Stars of the codecs.
1 Star for Opted In Toolbar nonsense.
No comments yet