K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of components needed for audio and video playback in DirectShow players such as Windows Media Player, Media Center, and Media Player Classic. It contains everything you need to play all common audio and video file formats. It also provides additional functionality such a thumbnail generation in Explorer. The pack has a very advanced installer which is highly flexible and has unique problem solving capabilities.
Full contains everything you need to play all the common audio and video file formats.
- Updated MPC-HC to version 220.127.116.11
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.63-21-g3e5b692
- Updated madVR to version 0.87.11
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.9.4
- Updated GraphStudioNext to version 0.7.0.432
- Updated Icaros to version 2.2.7 b3
- LAV Audio decoder is now used by default for TrueHD audio. This solves an issue with streams that contain a Dolby Atmos substream
Reviewing 10.7.5 (Sep 24, 2014)
Reviewing 10.7.1 (Sep 4, 2014)
Excellent Codec pack, nothing to add if not my surprise to have had yesterday version 10.7.0 followed 24hrs later with this 10.7.1 : worth a Guiness Book of Records? When's next, Tex?!
Reviewing 10.6.5 (Aug 19, 2014)
Reviewing 10.6.5 (Aug 6, 2014)
I've never been disappointed with K-Lite codecs, The best you can get IMO. Easy to instal/remove, no problem.
By the way this version 10.6.5 proposes at the end of install another one of those jokes, a Yahoo! stuff I think, beware to make your choice deliberately.
Reviewing 10.6.0 (Jul 5, 2014)
Probably one of the best codec packs. Install it and forget about it. No other tinkering is necessary.