Magic DVD Ripper is a powerful and easy-to-use DVD backup software. It can copy protected DVD to hard drive with 4 optional mode (disc fully, main movie, split DVD-9 into DVD-5, files). It can also convert DVD to VCD, SVCD and AVI(DivX) formats. You can enjoy them anytime without DVD discs, or burn them to blank discs by burning software. With optimized for Intel CPU, it provides fast ripping speed and wonderful output quality. It supports batch converting and has many settings that you can customize. It automatically detect DVD-ROM and select appropriate settings for beginner, so you can get started with just one click.
Reviewing 6.0.2 (Nov 15, 2011)
Reseller ripper spam...
Reviewing 5.5.1 Beta (Jan 2, 2011)
I would rate this at 3.5 stars if that were an option. The core functionality of this application does what one would expect, but there are several major limitations. The following are three limitations that I view as the most critical ones:
1. Given that most modern desktop and laptop computers have multiple cores, it is unfortunate that Magic DVD Ripper not only won't use more than one core, but prevents the user from launching multiple instances of the application. This really should be fixed!
2. The audio encoding options are very limited, and are far from suboptimal when one is encoding for a portable device with limited storage. I'd like to see support for a wider range of encoding options, including the following:
- monaural audio. Monaural audio means that there is only a single audio channel rather than two (stereo audio). The single channel can be created from stereo audio by either discarding the left audio channel or mixing the left and right audio channels together.
- reduced bandwidth audio. Digital audio typically uses sampling rates of 44.1 or 48 K samples per second. Such high rates may be needed to obtain the maximum fidelity with music, but are unnecessary for spoken audio. For spoken audio, one can apply a 10 KHz or 12 KHz low-pass filter, sample at 24,000 samples per second, and then encode to obtain a much more compact bit stream.
- variable-bit-rate encoding based on the MP3 or WMA standard (or better yet, a choice of either).
The above options would provide more control over the size of the output file and allow the user to choose the right balance between sound quality and output file size.
3. I'd really like to have the ability to preview the content and select the specific chapters/titles to be ripped. (Magic DVD Copier, another software product from the same company, has a "Custom" mode that does this). I recently encountered a situation where I wanted to rip a single chapter from a DVD that had 27 chapters; Magic DVD Ripper forced me to rip all 27 chapters to get the one chapter that I wanted. (Because of problem 1. mentioned above, this took over an hour).
In summary, I'd say that this product has some useful capabilities, but that a major upgrade is long overdue
Dr. Phillip M. Feldman
Reviewing 5.4.2 (Aug 26, 2009)
The magic ripper worked well and quick; especially for my IPODs but I had difficulty with the ZUNE equipment. The movie would not transfer to the Zune after a succsessful Zune conversion.
Reviewing 5.4.1 (Apr 23, 2009)
Magic DVD Ripper is an excellent DVD Ripper with great quality output when you back up and rip your dvds to divx. Very easy to use and pratice. I've tried other DVD Rippers buy this one is just perfect for me.
Este programa es un excelente convertidor de DVDs a formato divx con muy excelentes resultados y una calidad resultante muy buena. Incluso he usado otros Ripeadores, pero este es simplemente perfecto.
No comments yet