Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- X64 build available
- Fix the DLL Hijacking Vulnerability of previous versions (by updating NSIS to v3.0)
- Auto-updater improvement: periodical check can be disable via auto-update prompt dialog
- Installer enhancement: Check if Notepad++ is running and ask the user to close it before continue
- Enhancement: add conflict detection to Shortcut Mapper
- Fix auto-completion on XML comment and tag bug
- Fix file saving crash which can be reproduced through a specific way to save file
- Fix a crash issue while UDL's user keyword list is too long
- Fix HDPI issues for some components (task list, margins and shortcut mapper)
- Add a new feature(optional) : Close the last document will quit Notepad++
- Add more Change Case variants (Title Case, Sentence case, iVERT cASE, rANdOm caSe)
- Add Open file & open containing folder commands on selected file/folder name in text content
- Add Search on Internet command on selected word(s) in text content
- Add Scroll Tab Bar with mouse wheel capacity
- Add commands for moving the current file tab Forward/Backward
- Fix bug of monitoring not working for files under root
- Ruby is supported by Function List
- Added new option: Enable scrolling beyond last line
- Add an option to restore old behaviour (open files in folder) while folder being dropped
Reviewing 6.8.9 (Jan 15, 2016)
The release 6.8.9 has been removed from the website because it failed the regression test.
Reviewing 6.7.4 "Je suis Charlie Edition" (Jan 12, 2015)
But it's a very good Editor.
Reviewing 6.7.2 (Dec 29, 2014)
This program is very good but it can't handle extremely large files.
Reviewing 6.6.6 "Friday the 13th Edition" (Jun 13, 2014)
Gave it it a 5 stars rating just because of the version number and the date it's out as in Friday the 13th. :-P Also did a screen capture!
Reviewing 6.6.1 (May 7, 2014)
2 stars less for not fixing "stylerTheme" path in "config" file to be portable even though I told the author about it ages ago.
No comments yet