Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- Add search and sort abilities into build-in function list
- Add auto-completion for absolute path feature
- Fix scrolling text problem while using "Synaptics touchpad"
- Fix EOL type not correctly determined for UTF-16 files bug
- Fix tab settings bug in Normal text
Reviewing 6.4.4 (Aug 9, 2013)
Version 6.4.5 is already out.
Reviewing 6.4.3 (Jul 29, 2013)
Still pretty much my favourite full-featured text editor, although I tend to agree with the previous reviewer that Notepad2 (I prefer xhmikosr's version though - code folding etc - http://xhmikosr.github.io/notepad2-mod/) is a more lightweight and efficient choice for editing things like ini and small txt files.
Notepad++ v6.4.3 new features and bug fixes:
1. Fix a crash issue while using Function list.
2. Enhance delimiter selection (Ctrl + Mouse Double Click) - add GUI settings in Preferences dialog.
3. Add open session in the new instance capacity.
4. Add new command line argument "-openSession" for opening a session file.
5. Add multi-instance option.
6. Fix regression -systemtray command line option not working properly.
7. Fix begin/end selection bug after the text modification between the begin and end position.
8. Add localization command line option -LlangCode where langCode is browser language code.
Reviewing 6.2.3 - End of World Edition (Dec 17, 2012)
Notepad++ 6.2.3 - End of World Edition LOL famous last words!
Reviewing 6.2.2 (Dec 2, 2012)