Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- Add character encoding auto-detection feature
- Fix the word-completion hanging problem by typing Chinese in ANSI document under Chinese Windows 7/8 64 bits
- Enable word-completion in ANSI document under CJK environment
- Add wildcard capacity for file name argument in command line
- Add new command line argument "-r" for opening files recursively (with wildcard characters)
- Fix the crash bug while setting current document as Objective-C source code
- Fix rename not replacing the existing file bug
- Enhance Function list feature: reload on saving
- Enhance Function list feature: better recognition of perl function
- Fix sorting path in Windows document dialog makes Notepad++ crash
- Fix the no extension column setting for Doc Switcher not initialized properly in preference dialog
- Add "Command line arguments help" menu item command
Reviewing 6.5.5 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 6.4.4 (Aug 9, 2013)
Version 6.4.5 is already out.
Reviewing 6.4.3 (Jul 29, 2013)
Still pretty much my favourite full-featured text editor, although I tend to agree with the previous reviewer that Notepad2 (I prefer xhmikosr's version though - code folding etc - http://xhmikosr.github.io/notepad2-mod/) is a more lightweight and efficient choice for editing things like ini and small txt files.
Notepad++ v6.4.3 new features and bug fixes:
1. Fix a crash issue while using Function list.
2. Enhance delimiter selection (Ctrl + Mouse Double Click) - add GUI settings in Preferences dialog.
3. Add open session in the new instance capacity.
4. Add new command line argument "-openSession" for opening a session file.
5. Add multi-instance option.
6. Fix regression -systemtray command line option not working properly.
7. Fix begin/end selection bug after the text modification between the begin and end position.
8. Add localization command line option -LlangCode where langCode is browser language code.
Reviewing 6.2.3 - End of World Edition (Dec 17, 2012)
Notepad++ 6.2.3 - End of World Edition LOL famous last words!