Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- Fix comment command bug that the comment symbols isn't set on the first column for Fortran
- Add python parson for function List
- Make icons' background colour transparent for functionList and projectManager
- New feature: Apply new file default settings on created new file (opened via command line)
- Fix colour picker' chooser bug which does not work well
Reviewing 6.6.6 "Friday the 13th Edition" (Jun 13, 2014)
Gave it it a 5 stars rating just because of the version number and the date it's out as in Friday the 13th. :-P Also did a screen capture!
Reviewing 6.6.1 (May 7, 2014)
2 stars less for not fixing "stylerTheme" path in "config" file to be portable even though I told the author about it ages ago.
Reviewing 6.6.1 (May 6, 2014)
Still the best text editor on Windows.
Notepad++ v6.6.1 bug fixes:
1. Fix Notepad++ hanging issue while saving a large file if session snapshot feature is on.
Notepad++ v6.6 new features and bug fixes:
1. Add session snapshot and periodic backup feature.
2. Fix RTL/LTR command making mirrored text bug.
3. Make auto-detect character encoding optional.
4. Apply DPI-aware on find & replace dialog tab and User define language dialog tab.
5. Add shell script parser for the function list.
6. Make backslash as an escape character optional in SQL.
Reviewing 6.5.5 (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 6.4.4 (Aug 9, 2013)
Version 6.4.5 is already out.
No comments yet