Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- Remove Source Code Pro font du to the different issues
- Add back "Notepad++ Community (Forum)" menu item
- Fix a visual glitch on starup and on exit
- Fix "Open in/Move to new instance" issue (to memorize the language and the position)
- Fix Preferences dialog loses focus issue while enabling document list panel
- Fix the narrow columns problem in Ascii Insert Panel under a high DPI
- Fix the list items' squeezed height problem in function list panel and project panel under a high DPI
- Fix panel caption squeezed display under a high DPI
- Fixed buffer overrun when opening a recent file
- Make toolbar refresh properly while switching over small/big icons
Reviewing 6.7.4 "Je suis Charlie Edition" (Jan 12, 2015)
But it's a very good Editor.
Reviewing 6.7.2 (Dec 29, 2014)
This program is very good but it can't handle extremely large files.
Reviewing 6.6.6 "Friday the 13th Edition" (Jun 13, 2014)
Gave it it a 5 stars rating just because of the version number and the date it's out as in Friday the 13th. :-P Also did a screen capture!
Reviewing 6.6.1 (May 7, 2014)
2 stars less for not fixing "stylerTheme" path in "config" file to be portable even though I told the author about it ages ago.
Reviewing 6.6.1 (May 6, 2014)
Still the best text editor on Windows.
Notepad++ v6.6.1 bug fixes:
1. Fix Notepad++ hanging issue while saving a large file if session snapshot feature is on.
Notepad++ v6.6 new features and bug fixes:
1. Add session snapshot and periodic backup feature.
2. Fix RTL/LTR command making mirrored text bug.
3. Make auto-detect character encoding optional.
4. Apply DPI-aware on find & replace dialog tab and User define language dialog tab.
5. Add shell script parser for the function list.
6. Make backslash as an escape character optional in SQL.
No comments yet