Notepad++ is a free source editor with the syntax highlighting and syntax folding. It also gives the extra functionality to define a user's own language for the syntax folding and syntax highlighting. You can print your source code in color. It allows a user to edit the different document in the same time, and even to edit the same document synchronizely in 2 different views. It supports full drag and drop.
- Enhance Notepad++ to conform with DPI-aware application
- Make extension column optional in vertical file switcher
- Add 3rd option "function + word completion" in auto-completion feature
- Fix closing bug in doc switcher via the context menu (right clicking of an unselected item)
Reviewing 6.4.4 (Aug 9, 2013)
Version 6.4.5 is already out.
Reviewing 6.4.3 (Jul 29, 2013)
Still pretty much my favourite full-featured text editor, although I tend to agree with the previous reviewer that Notepad2 (I prefer xhmikosr's version though - code folding etc - http://xhmikosr.github.io/notepad2-mod/) is a more lightweight and efficient choice for editing things like ini and small txt files.
Notepad++ v6.4.3 new features and bug fixes:
1. Fix a crash issue while using Function list.
2. Enhance delimiter selection (Ctrl + Mouse Double Click) - add GUI settings in Preferences dialog.
3. Add open session in the new instance capacity.
4. Add new command line argument "-openSession" for opening a session file.
5. Add multi-instance option.
6. Fix regression -systemtray command line option not working properly.
7. Fix begin/end selection bug after the text modification between the begin and end position.
8. Add localization command line option -LlangCode where langCode is browser language code.
Reviewing 6.2.3 - End of World Edition (Dec 17, 2012)
Notepad++ 6.2.3 - End of World Edition LOL famous last words!
Reviewing 6.2.2 (Dec 2, 2012)