StartIsBack+ returns Windows 8.1 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack+ radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure. StartIsBack+ is a free upgrade for all StartIsBack users.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Adjust transparency level and color of start menu
- Adjust transparency level and color of taskbar
- Customize Start Apps folder icon / hide it
- Multi-column menus for items on right hand side
- Option to hide start button separately on primary and secondary monitors
- Option to open start menu / start screen on active monitor
- Option to open Start screen on secondary monitor at logon
- Improved DisplayFusion compatibility
- Enable bottom-left screen corner to use original Windows 8 start button (when taskbar is on bottom side)
- Start menu won't be loaded into memory
- You can still open start menu when you need it with mouse wheel click or swipe up gesture (on touchscreen)
- StartIsBack upgrade no longer may require reboot / uninstall
- Modern apps are not shown in search if neither modern recent apps nor folder are displayed
Reviewing 1.0 (Oct 11, 2013)
Extra customization options but otherwise exact twin of Win7 menu. Works great and low price. Been using it on 8 without issue. Apparently uses much old start menu code that is just buried so has tiny footprint.
Reviewing 1.0 (Oct 10, 2013)
Great start menu for Windows 8.1
StartisBack+ is update name for 8.1 use.
StartisBack is for 8.#
Both really great start menus. :-)
Well worth a few $ and with free 30 try you can test it before purchase.
No comments yet