Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OSX, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.
- 33636 wine cmd: invalid behaviour of '&' operator
- 35343 dialog windows are too large
- 35658 Anthem Room Correction 2 v1.0.1 reports 'Unknown COM error 0x80004001' (needs IAudioEndpointVolume::GetVolumeRange method implementation)
- 36115 cabinet/fdi tests show some valgrind warnings
- 38768 Stronghold 2 hangs when started
- 39724 Need For Speed Underground 2 crashes after several minutes of playing
- 39734 ProtectDisc Driver 11: acedrv11.sys crashes
- 40366 Avatarika installer fails
- 40595 gdiplus:metafile test regression (test_frameunit)
- 40596 gdiplus:metafile test regression (test_nullframerect)
- 40695 Crash in Fallout New Vegas
- 40791 N-Ball editor shows only a blackscreen
- 40996 Deus Ex:Human Revolution fails to start when using DX11 renderer
- 41021 Zombie Army trilogy needs msvcr100.dll._fpieee_flt
- 41087 UE4 games (The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux, The Solus Project) crash while loading with "D3D11Query.cpp:139 # with error E_INVALIDARG"
- 41090 Multiple games (Starcraft 2, UE4 games) require vcruntime140.dll.__intrinsic_setjmp
- 41290 DirectShow applications: MP3 playback is broken if winegstreamer is disabled
- 41308 iconfig.exe needs msvcr120.??0_Condition_variable@details@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ
- 41451 Motocross madness: missing names of players
- 41602 Videos do not play in Age of Empires
- 41640 add rx 480 into directx.c
- 41671 GOG Galaxy requires unimplemented function vcruntime140.dll.__std_terminate
- 41683 Gauntlet start background is corrupted
- 41695 LeagueClient.exe Call to unimplemented function api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll.nearbyint
- 41705 Build fails in dpnet: redefinition of typedef 'SOCKADDR'
- 41719 crypt32:store test regression in testRegStoreSavedCerts()
- 41721 hidtest.exe crashes on unimplemented function hid.dll.HidP_GetSpecificButtonCaps
- 41736 build error: configure detects udev only partly
Reviewing 1.9.19 Development (Sep 24, 2016)
Reviewing 1.9.8 Development (Apr 18, 2016)
Why the f^ck does everyone think they need MS Office just to do email.. I'll never understand why people want any MS crap on their machines.
Reviewing 1.7.28 Development (Oct 4, 2014)
Wine development has almost completely stalled recently. Sigh. :(
Reviewing 1.7.14 Development (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 1.6-rc2 (Jun 17, 2013)
Am using a slightly older version in my Ubuntu distro, and it works great! Runs many of my Windows programs, including M$ Office 2010! Nice...
No comments yet