Wine (originally an acronym for "Wine Is Not an Emulator") is a compatibility layer capable of running Windows applications on several POSIX-compliant operating systems, such as Linux, Mac OSX, & BSD. Instead of simulating internal Windows logic like a virtual machine or emulator, Wine translates Windows API calls into POSIX calls on-the-fly, eliminating the performance and memory penalties of other methods and allowing you to cleanly integrate Windows applications into your desktop.
- 11819 The Longest Journey Demo: characters mostly invisible (broken TransformVertices with D3DVIEWPORT2)
- 22317 Motocross madness demo has wrongly projected dirt (d3d_viewport_TransformVertices needs projection matrix + wrong scale)
- 36499 Multiple applications need ID2D1Factory::CreateHwndRenderTarget implementation (SciTE 3.5.x, Direct2D .NET example apps)
- 37183 Autogenerated programs/cscript/ihost.h is not being removed by make clean
- 38530 eSignal 12.1 needs msvcp100.dll.?_Mtx_new@threads@stdext@@YAXAAPAX@Z
- 39263 RichEdit should hide selection when it is unfocused
- 39471 Elminage Gothic freezes after clicking on "New Game"
- 40422 Illustrator CS6: hangs on ESC key press while Text tool is being used
- 41142 gcc6: server build warnings
- 41231 regedit no longer processes registry input from stdin using "-" as filename
- 41405 Hornbill Supportworks Client 7.6.0: crashes with ExtFloodFill when open 'Incident Details' pane
- 41409 Battle.net crashes at launch
- 41420 Regression bug: bricscad crashes when copy or cut objects to the clipboard
- 41430 Nothing visibly happens when clicking System Info button in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 14.0 (msinfo32.exe lacks a GUI)
- 41432 Keyboard input code display program (Japanese VB6 application) doesn't run
- 41437 Implement a 64-bit version of __std_type_info_hash
- 41455 Failed assertion in ME_SplitByBacktracking causes crash at end of Jupiter 2011 installer
- 41511 gray square on tab
Reviewing 1.9.19 Development (Sep 24, 2016)
Reviewing 1.9.8 Development (Apr 18, 2016)
Why the f^ck does everyone think they need MS Office just to do email.. I'll never understand why people want any MS crap on their machines.
Reviewing 1.7.28 Development (Oct 4, 2014)
Wine development has almost completely stalled recently. Sigh. :(
Reviewing 1.7.14 Development (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 1.6-rc2 (Jun 17, 2013)
Am using a slightly older version in my Ubuntu distro, and it works great! Runs many of my Windows programs, including M$ Office 2010! Nice...
No comments yet