mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions. It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more. It also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Added $calc() // floor divide operator
- Fixed MDI window transparency bug under Windows 8
- Fixed file handling bug that would have caused settings to be reset if there was a drive error
- Fixed connection timeout not being applied while a STARTTLS handshake is in progress
- Reverted Channels List window change so that modes are included in the listing again
- Fixed MDI windows not maximizing fully to the right in some situations
- Fixed Log and Buffer submenus in window system menus not being set correctly
- Fixed confirm exit dialog bug that was not detecting if DCC gets were in progress
- Extended SSL support to allow connecting to SNI servers
- Fixed log reload bug that caused logs not to be reloaded before the start of a new year
- Fixed while loop bugs relating to multiple nested while loop combinations
- Fixed log viewer bug that caused it to freeze during a search
- Other changes and bug fixes
Reviewing 7.41 (Jun 21, 2015)
mIRC is total crap!
I'm not trolling. It's my honest opinion!
HexChat is superior and completely free!
Reviewing 7.39 Beta (Feb 22, 2015)
The GUI has some stupid things going on, but it's stable and reliable.
Reviewing 7.38 (Dec 1, 2014)
Reviewing 7.35 Beta (Aug 7, 2014)
Best IRC client hands-down. It is by far the most stable, low-resource, and customizable IRC client around - and one of the originals.
FatBast seems to hate this program but fails to mention one thing that it falls short at doing. My guess is he is a Linux fanboy who gets off on hating on Windows users who figures that if it's not a console app and a real pain the in a** to use (ircii, epic, bx) that it must suck. Go circle jerk your friends (who only exist on IRC most likely) elsewhere. We get it, you hate Windows cuz it's not l33t l1k3 j00.
mIRC is as slim as you want it to be. Out of the box it's pretty much as light-weight, feature packed, and solid as you can imagine. If you want to install scripts (whether they're practical or you want some lame annoying spam bot script) you can do that. mIRC script has been a fairly well established language that anyone with mild programming experience can pick up. Seriously, it doesn't get better than this. Just about every bad review is from one person... Fat Bast.
Reviewing 7.35 Beta (Aug 6, 2014)
Great program if you like to go ahead on creativity.
Fatbas**** does feel desperate to make low reviews of whatever he doesn't like.
You look just like a politician...
No comments yet