Password Safe is a password database utility where users can keep their passwords securely encrypted on their computers. A single Safe Combination unlocks them all.
- Fix crash if Find active when applying a filter, e.g., show entries with expiry dates
- Ensure shortcut is updated in GUI after editing
- Text in the Find toolbar search edit control is now vertically centered to reduce character truncation
- Clicking on a field's name copies the value to the clipboard when adding a new entry (and not only when editing)
- Update password history when Apply is clicked, not only when Edit window's closed
- No longer show empty groups when the user filters for entries with expired passwords
- 1378 Fix application crash if Add/Edit entry dialog is open when the database is locked e.g. via idle timer, workstation lock etc
- 1373 An invalid or non-existent backup directory path can no longer be saved when exiting Options
- 1369 The virtual keyboard no longer becomes unusable after clicking on the Randomize button
- 1368 The Status bar now shows the correct number of entries when a database is unlocked
- 1367 Fixed regression in command line arguments -h and -u support
- 1366 Copying the unexpanded autotype string on Edit entry screen using Ctrl+click on Autotype label now works
- 1365 Ctrl+F now switches focus back to Find toolbar if it is already open
- 1364 Unnecessary tree view refreshes fixed
- 1363 Empty groups no longer disappear when moving nested groups into them and do not leave duplicated empty groups in the database
- G192 Saved changes no longer prevent logoff or system shutdown
Reviewing 3.28 (Feb 27, 2012)
I am using this password saver on my Ubuntu machine and it is one of the best for Linux. It's still tedious compared to Roboform on Windows. But for Linux it's pretty darned good.
Reviewing 3.26 (Jul 6, 2011)
Plenty of updates. Check change log on site. Best of its kind.
Reviewing 3.23 (Jul 28, 2010)
Best gets better!
New Features for 3.23
 Implement 'stealth' mode where, as long as the user specifies both
the use of the System Tray and a valid Hot Key, then the System Tray
icon and the button on the Taskbar can be hidden.
 Allow user to edit the generated passwords (Manage->Generate Password)
before copying to the clipboard.
 "autotype" can now be added to the List View via the Column
Picker (right click on column labels).
Reviewing 3.22 (May 25, 2010)
Best freeware out there! Regularly updated. Been using it for ages now and no issues so far.
Reviewing 3.22 (May 24, 2010)
Release notes: http://sourceforge.net/p...2/ReleaseNotes.txt/view
No comments yet