DVDStyler is a cross-platform DVD authoring application that makes possible for video enthusiasts to create professional-looking DVDs. It is Free software distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Added selection of player for preview
- Added possibility to normalize audio (replay gain)
- Added ability to choose 5.1 audio and normalizing as default in the settings
- Added possibility to select border or crop to keep aspect ratio
- Added possibility to set default subtitle properties
- Added possibility to keep and use cached files after restarting of DVDStyler
- Redesigned the menu properties dialog
- Joined chapter and cell properties dialogs
- Enabled reencoding of ntsc film (24 fps) by default
- Fixed displaying of video bitrate if video don't need be transcoded
- Fixed memory leak (thanks to Sebastian Vater)
- Win32: updated ffmpeg to version 2.5
Reviewing 2.5.1 (Aug 2, 2013)
Have used this program for a while, and never burned a coaster with it. Is not the fanciest looking app, but solid performer.
Reviewing 2.0 RC2 (Oct 11, 2011)
Since it's bundled with a tootbar it is no longer open source.
Reviewing 1.8.0 (Mar 14, 2010)
188.8.131.52 is out!
Reviewing 1.8.0 (Feb 3, 2010)
Still licensed under the GPL and here is a link to the source code:
Makes it open source in my book. Ding one star for including some sort of third party installer which you can very easily decline.
The program has always worked great for me, but I could see it becoming frustrating for someone who does not know how to use it or isn't familiar with the various topics associated with transcoding, authoring, etc.
Reviewing 1.7.4 (Oct 5, 2009)
This is no longer "Open Source". The author is including a "Kicin" crapware bundle. It has been reported to Sourceforge.
No comments yet