EssentialPIM handles all your scheduling, contacts, to do lists, and notes with easy-to-use, intuitive tools.
This absolutely free personal information manager can store, manage and encrypt data: day/week/month/year schedules, to do lists for keeping all your tasks up-to-date, notes (pictures, tables, any formatted text), and contacts. Offers Rijndael 128-bit encryption, MS Outlook import/export, Windows Address Book import/export, search capabilities, versatile print features, and adjustable contacts storage with unlimited fields.
- Added: EssentialPIM counterpart for Android! It provides synchronization between Windows and Android EPIM over Wi-Fi, as well as additional modules. Following data is synchronized: Calendar, Contacts, To Dos, Notes and Passwords (first 2 with internal And
- Added: EssentialPIM counterpart for iPhone/iPad! It provides synchronization between Windows and iOS EPIM over Wi-Fi, as well as additional modules. Following data is synchronized: Calendar, Contacts, To Dos and Passwords (first 2 with internal iOS apps).
- Added: Most windows are independent now from the main program window (you can open several dialogs)
- Added: Templates for to dos and appointments*
- Added: Ability to mark email messages with stars
- Added: Support for multiple SMTP servers
- Added: Ability to set up an unlimited number of identities in Mail
- Added: One-way synchronization with Outlook (in addition to already existing two-way sync)*
- Added: Option to either remove or leave items during one-way synchronization with Outlook, Google, CalDAV and other online services*
- Added: Letters bar in Contacts
- Improved: Unified status icons
Reviewing 4.24 (May 24, 2012)
EPIM is an Outlook like application but... it is more powerful !
First, it has a portable version and a network version (collaborative)
Second, each function is very fast and powerful :
* it's possible to search in any modules (todo, appointment, contact, password manager, notes, emails) in real time (match elements are showed while writing the word).
* it's possible to define tasks AND sub-tasks (try this with Outlook < 2010)
* It's multi-language (english, deutsh, italiano, français... and a lot of other)
* it's possible to synchronize with a lot of products : Outlook, PocketPC, Palm, online web (Google, CalDav, Yahoo...) and EPIM team will works on Android and iPhone sync.
There forum lets write suggestions and support questions.
A minus point is documentation (there are a lot of features and help file is small)
Globaly, I've bought it in 2000 and I still fond of EssentialPIM : give it a try with Free version (limitation on numbers of events or sync method)
Reviewing 3.5 (Apr 12, 2010)
Got an error message too!
Tried the pro version as well, even worse.
Should be marked "beta".
Reviewing 3.5 (Apr 10, 2010)
Got an error when opening my previous EPIM database with this version
"Violation of primary unique key on contact table ..."
The app is great but this version won't open my database
Reviewing 3.22 (Jan 21, 2010)
For whatever reason I could not find a standard calendar view (month...?).
Uk'sKalendar solved that and Kurlo took care of contacts beautifully (just remember to use a fairly simple password!).
Finally decided to dedicate software for my contacts and other than using tbird with lightning (never again) there was simply nothing else for free.
I doubt essential pim free can compete with kurlo in the contact dept I just couldn't get past the fugly calendar views- (ughh)
Reviewing 3.04 (Jul 13, 2009)
That was 4 releases ago!! to which they quickly released another version 3 days later (which surprise surprise NOD had nothing to say about).
Learn to read
No comments yet