Everything is a fast folder and file name search engine for Windows. Unlike Windows search this tool initially displays every file and folder on your computer. You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.
- Added MIT license
- Added installer localization
- Added run as admin option
- Added wildcards anywhere option
- Added run date column/sort/search
- Added support for accessible MSAA
- Added etp connection history
- Added recent changes
- Added run history
- Added home page
- Added x64 build
- Added always ontop option
- Added %APPDATA% option
- Added Everything service option
- Added search history option
- Added the option to cancel locked queries after one second
- Added context menu customization
- Added tooltips for hidden items
- Added option to not compress database
- Added custom filters
- Added hotkey option to toggle search window
- Added filelists
- Added folder indexing
- Added optional diacritical mark matching
- Added bookmarks
- Added new search functions and macros
- Improved performance when renaming/deleting folders
- Improved ETP/FTP server
- Improved HTTP server
- Fixed many bugs
Reviewing 184.108.40.2066 (Aug 7, 2014)
Great software, but the author really needs to learn to wait at least 24 hours between releases. It seems there's a new release each time he changes one byte of bloody code!
Reviewing 220.127.116.116 (Aug 6, 2014)
Everything is beautiful, in it's own way...
Reviewing 18.104.22.1685b Beta (Aug 5, 2014)
Andy2004 - it doesn't "Update the database every time...", it uses the MFT(s). Which is why it is blindingly fast. Suggest a disk check
Reviewing 22.214.171.1240b Beta (Jul 1, 2014)
Slow?!... maybe we are talking about different softwares... I have Everything installed on an old computer connected on a Novell network (ethernet) and I have mapped different physical supports:
- my internal drives C: and D: (of course)
- my external disk G: (USB 2.0)
- my USB Flash Drive M: (USB 2.0)
- my network drive P: (on a server)
- my network drive Q: (another server)
Guess what? Everytime I change any folder (new file, delete file, change names, etc), Everything updates the database on the fly and is instantaneous.
If I impose an update to every drives (force to update) it tooks me about 1 minute... and I have about 800.000 files to scan... so, Everything it's not slow. You have something else on your system that is not correct.
Reviewing 126.96.36.1996b Beta (Jun 24, 2014)
Slow? What are you using, Andy? A 286? I have my main drive and 2 other hard drives and the search is still blazing fast. I still have the same opinion as my previous review. 5 stars.
Everything-188.8.131.521 is a beauty - but I cannot install it on Windows 7 - is there a shortcut or ea version for that?