Filseclab Personal Firewall is a personal firewall that allows you to control which programs can access the Internet and at what times. It offers an automated rules wizard that will prompt you for action whenever an incoming or outgoing connection is detected that does not match any of the existing rule sets. You can then choose to grant or deny access, and automatically create a rule for it. The firewall also allows you to create rules manually and supports rules for applications, intranet, network type and time. In addition to connection filtering, the program also offers browser independent web site access filtering, that allows you to block specified sites or limit access to a list of sites. Additional features include control of ICMP packets, traffic graph display, three security levels and more. The interface is a little small (and a little confusing), but overall, Filseclab Personal Firewall offers some good features.
- Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition 3.0 has more
- Great changes, there have a lot of new features and big
- Improvement added to this version, they are:
- Newly added: Built-in rules for blocking the worm virus attacks
- Newly added: Built-in rules for blocking the Adware and Spyware
- Newly added: Firewall mode wizard
- Newly added: Digital signature verification can automatically
- Trust the well-known program
- Newly added: Password protection
- Newly added: Privacy protection
- Newly added: Supports Windows Security Center (XPSP2)
- Newly added: Balloon message alert
- Newly added: Resolve IP address
- Newly added: Text log file
- Newly added: Backup and restore the rules
- Improvement: Supports maximization and resizing
- Improvement: The rules management supports multi-selection,
- Move down, move up, and also can pause the rules
- Improvement: All lists support find, copy and save-as
- Improvement: Traffic graph supports incoming traffic, outgoing
- Traffic and total traffic. and it also supports Resizing and changeable scale
- Improvement: Supports right-click menu on the list panel
- Improvement: Supports the property dialog box for the list
- Improvement: Adds a lot of keyboard shortcuts
- Improvement: The connection can be cut off from the Connections
- Improvement: Supports dynamic creation rules based on the monitor
- Improvement: Supports kill-process or find-target from the monitor
Reviewing 3.0 (Jul 1, 2008)
Absolutely the best for home users.
Lite, free, solid and very very usable.
A must-have freebie.
Reviewing 3.0 (Oct 5, 2007)
BSOD on xfilter.sys when making an outgoing TCP connection. No reply from Support. Poor English. Perhaps there is a market for this and the technical part is okay, but it did not work out for me.
Reviewing 3.0 (May 28, 2007)
There are only two firewalls i trust. TINY FIREWALL and FILSECLAB PERSONAL FIREWALL. Both are robust and they are equal in effectiveness even with the out-of-the-box settings. These two are the only real firewalls left. I use TINY for fast PC's and FISECLAB for old ones.
5 all the way.
Reviewing 3.0 (Dec 10, 2006)
I tried Comodo, Outpost and ZoneAlarm freeware but found they were hard to configure, crashed my system, generated error messages and/or had spinning icons and distracting sounds that annoyed me. Other people might have better luck with those programs, but I prefer Filseclab because it is so easy to set up and use. It practically configured itself under the default "General Mode" by automatically trusting well-known programs. After giving permission to allow some of my programs to access the Internet, I set it to "Custom Mode" to get it to allow my inbound Skype calls. Filseclab is light on memory usage and has no conflicts with my other software, including AVG Free Anti-Virus, SpywareBlaster and Windows Defender. If you are looking for a free, effective and easy to use replacement for the Windows Firewall that will monitor and protect you from both inbound and outbound Internet communications, this may be the one for you.
Reviewing 3.0 (Dec 9, 2006)
Tested the latest Comodo Firewall and have difficulties configuring some programs..Filseclab is more better and easy to configure and use. As the other says, it passed all scans. A Perfect Firewall.