FotoSketcher is a free program which can help you convert your digital photos into art, automatically. If you want to turn a portrait, the photograph of your house or a beautiful landscape into a painting, a sketch or a drawing then look no further, FotoSketcher will do the job in just a few seconds.
- The DPI default value has been set to 300 for better printing quality
- Although transparency in PNG images (alpha channel) is not supported by FotoSketcher, transparent pixels will no longer appear black. They will now be converted to white pixels (much prettier!)
- The donation screen (coffee cup icon) has been simplified and will lead to a unified PayPal screen
- When using JPG images, the compression quality has been improved for fewer artifacts (save to PNG or BMP if you want maximum image quality)
- A visual bug with the Emergence 2 effect has been corrected. Sometimes the preview image would be pasted to the main result image in the top left corner
- Some z-order problems have been solved
- A memory leak has been hunted down and solved
- When running a script (F5), FotoSketcher will be automatically minimized until the end of the process. If you wish to see the script running, just click on the FotoSketcher icon in the Windows task bar
Reviewing 3.00 Alpha 3 (Feb 25, 2015)
Just tried the Alpha3 preview. Pretty darn cool Dave. Again, thanks for continuing making FotoSketcher one of the best auto-painter tools out there. :)
Reviewing 2.50 (Sep 25, 2013)
Reviewing 2.45 (Jun 14, 2013)
Install includes OpenCandy.
Fotosketcher itself is fine, and if you avoid OpenCandy (here OpenCandy is blacklisted on HOSTS file) then you can get the medicine without the snake.
One star here because I am fed up with OpenCandy and all of the sort included it installation applications.
There is, on the developer's page, a portable version which, consequently, is free of OpenCandy parasite.
Reviewing 2.31a Beta (Aug 15, 2012)
Minor deduction for additional toolbar install (minor because it's there and website has that layout where you might click and download something else thing going on).
As far as the program goes, I like it. I use Photoshop myself but for some simple filter effects, it's not a bad program. And though I haven't used any modern Photoshop (just 5.5), the filters here seem to create some better effects.
I like the pen and ink and painting effects. You can adjust the filter effects, save them, load them and reset. Great freebie.
Reviewing 2.20 (Sep 16, 2011)
Downloaded and tried it once again to see if there was an improvement from 2010. Well, I guess not. And, as I said last time, it surely doesn´t rate a 5. Once again I wasted my time.
No comments yet