Hitman Pro is a fast all-in-one tool to locate, identify and remove viruses, spyware, trojans, rootkits and other types of malware. The executable can be downloaded and run straight from a USB Flash Drive, CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive and will quickly reveal the presence of any malware. Hitman Pro uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance. A further benefit of this technology is that you need never again download definitions on a hourly / daily basis as this is all managed in the cloud further reducing the impact on your PC. Hitman Pro will work alongside any existing anti-virus/anti-spyware or security suite and can be simply run whenever required to give a second opinion or be called upon to remove threats missed by your existing software. Scanning your PC is free for the life of the product and in addition removal of malware is also free for the first 30 days, thereafter, users can take a paid for subscription to cover malware removal in the future. The innovative Early Warning Scoring (EWS) technology allows users without internet to remove potential malware - no subscription required.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- ADDED: Detection for compromised Start Page en Search Engines in Google Chrome
- ADDED: Initial support for HitmanPro.Alert 3 integration
- FIXED: Application termination during Remnant scan
- FIXED: Scan stuck at 99% classification caused by a malformed Firefox prefs.js
- IMPROVED: Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) scanner for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
- IMPROVED: Google Chrome now automatically closes gracefully when deleting cookies
- IMPROVED: Removal of malware hijacking web browser shortcuts
- IMPROVED: Detection of profile location of Firefox
- IMPROVED: Auto resizing display resolution when screen is smaller than 800x600
- IMPROVED: Windows Task Scheduler 2.0 support
- CHANGED: Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) are now default set to Delete (was previously set to Ignore). This due to overwhelming number of helpdesk questions
- UPDATED: End User License Agreement 1.2. Conditions for use of the Free License have changed
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Oct 14, 2012)
they took away the best feature the ctl shift click and it kills all unknown programs..... I had to revert to a prev version and block updates.... for that they get a 1 star
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Oct 11, 2012)
I pay for my AV & Anti-Malware & used Hitman & subscribed but all it ever found it found were FP's & caused far more grief than assurance. -
But to see what's changed I installed & ran it today - It found 'Ad-muncher' as suspicious - Nothing else just a well known unmodified program -
From the risk log Hitman produced -
C:\Program Files\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe
Size . . . . . . . : 595,144 bytes
Age . . . . . . . : 89.4 days (2012-07-13 23:21:13)
Publisher . . . . : Murray Hurps Software Pty Ltd
Description . . . : Ad Muncher
Version . . . . . : 4.93.33707
That's why I stopped using it & it seems little has changed, I have yet to see Hitman being used in any mal-ware removal guide. Get (buy) a decent AV, buy the full version of Mbam - Sorted - Add to that you get no discount for loyalty & no reply to the email asking why.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 Beta (Jul 25, 2012)
Lets see free stuff is good and paid stuff is junk.....
nothing but trolls here.....
Hitman Pro is the best of the best
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 Beta (Jul 24, 2012)
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 Beta (Jul 23, 2012)
Previously I left a less than perfect review for this software, indicating that it was pretty worthless considering. Strangely, my review no longer shows up. So here it is again. Worthless. Only goes after "incidents" that are already widely known and have removal procedures in place.
Avoid. and -1 for removing my previous review... would that be to artificially boost the overall score? Who knows.
No comments yet