K9 is an email filtering application that works in conjunction with your regular POP3 email program and automatically classifies incoming emails as Spam or non-spam without the need for maintaining dozens of rules or constant updates to be downloaded. It learns over time and becomes better and better at being able to correctly identify spam. It learns to recognize what you consider to be spam.
- Added support for customization of K9 resources (i.e. partial alternate language support)
- Fixed a problem where if you kept the Escape key held down while attempting to open a message K9 would crash
- Fixed a problem when canceling out of resetting statistics would reset the date/time shown at the column head
- Added "View Folder" button to Statistics tab to open up a Windows Explorer window on the K9 database directory
- Added date display to the email reader window
- Modified system tray tooltip for Win9x systems since it seems those OS'es don't support line breaks in the text
- Added/updated several keyboard accelerator keys:
Reviewing 1.28 (Apr 10, 2011)
I have used this program for quite a few years it is by far the best spam filter around especially if the "use black hole" option is invoke.
However it badly needs updated and modernised to self-install on Thunderbird.
It will work with Thunderbird but setting it up is a bit fiddly.
Reviewing 1.28 (Oct 22, 2005)
I've been using this software for at least a year or so, and never felt the need for alternatives. It's free, uses low resources, has no annoying popups, spyware or whatever.
You need to train K9, but then it works! And the side effect, the number of spam I receive on a daily basis has dropped substantially. It would be cool if it could also check hotmail and some other web based mail accounts, but, everything in there is spam anyway, need no filter for that :-)
Reviewing 1.28 (Feb 22, 2005)
This is a nice Bayesian application, but Bayesian filters literally do more harm than good these days, in my experience.
Reviewing 1.26 (Sep 25, 2004)
Well, this is by far the best anti-spam program I ever used, and here's why:
* Nice, easy-to-use, and user-friendly GUI.
* It's a very small yet powerfull app.
* It consumes little memory.
* It's smart, it learns from its mistakes.
* It actually caches spam not pretend to do.
* It's easy to use and configure.
* It's FREE.
I've been using for about two weeks and it was sluggish at first but now its accuracy rose to aprox 99%, after I trained it a little it became quite smart and didn't make any mistake since then. So by all means, get this app NOW!!
Reviewing 1.26 (Feb 9, 2004)
Excellent program !!
No comments yet