Mp3tag can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists, and more. It supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
- NEW: added support for complex JSON object values by web sources framework functions 'json_select_object' and 'json_unselect_object'
- NEW: added support for boolean values in web sources framework function 'json_select'
- FIX: MP4 cdec field for encoder settings was not preserved when writing tags
- CHG: added support for mouse wheel scrolling in tag panel
- CHG: added context-specific detection of mouse-wheel usage to prevent accidentally overwriting the field contents
- FIX: updated RATING MM to use latest mapping of values
- FIX: removing filter from filter history did not reset filter and file list
- FIX: field RELEASETIME was missing after resetting the tag fields list
- FIX: adding cover art did not conform to the description in the documentation (select file dialog was showing the current working directory instead of the file's directory in case no default directory was provided)
- FIX: documentation of action 'Remove duplicate fields' did not mention that the first value is retained
- NEW: added scripting function $strcmp to compare strings case-sensitively
- NEW: added scripting function $stricmp to compare strings case-insensitively
- FIX: documentation of scripting function $eql did not mention that strings are compared case insensitive
- FIX: scripting function $eql was not working correctly if strings contained umlauts or diacritic characters
Reviewing 2.66 (Dec 19, 2014)
Reviewing 2.65a (Dec 4, 2014)
So glad it's still being improved. The very best hands down.
Reviewing 2.64a Beta (Oct 8, 2014)
The one and only! Used this app for years. Use it as a simple editor or explore the many handy and sometimes advanced features. Wouldn't be without it! Highly recommended.
Reviewing 2.62 (Aug 23, 2014)
Reviewing 2.58 (Feb 17, 2014)
roj, did you check out the 'Action' feature? It can make search and replace/remove etc.