PSPad is a universal freeware editor. There is no complex install process; the program is ready to work immediately, without requiring customization. It supports many file types and languages, with syntax highlighting. There are macros, clip files and templates to automate repetitive activities. An integrated HEX Editor, Project support, FTP Client, Macro Recorder, File Search/Replace, Code Explorer, code page conversion, are just some of the many possibilities that PSPad can offer you.
- Current tab with Windows theme switched off is marked with thick line under file name
- Tcl/Tk Code explorer - added multiword procedure name support
- Tab color is applied to tab you used to call context menu instead of the current tab
- TiDy - if TiDycfg.ini file contains [Check Only] section, parameters will be used for function from menu HTML/Check HTML (Ctrl+F10)
- New script for beautify VB script code from Marcus Roming. Available from Script menu
- PHP highlighter - added new keywords for PHP 5.6
- Numeric base calculator - small changes like whole binary number is visible, is possible copy with Ctrl+C, .
- Restore last open file - new function (menu file / open special) with default shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Z
- program works now correctly with extreme DPI sizes. I suggest you to set icons for toolbar and menu to PSPad_24 in program settings / Program 1 for DPI higher than 125% and above. If you use portable PSPad on PCs with different DPI settings, PSPad will a
- Code explorer - added support for code notes. In the user highligher and Highlighter settings you can define string, defining notes in code (e.g. @ToDo). Rest of line behind this comment is taken as note and displyed in Code explorer
- CSS highlighter - added LESS comment support
- FTP - new option for SSL/TLS - Prot P or Prot C settings
- scripting - new function topLineIndex([integer]):integer - sets top line or returns index of first visible line in editor window
- scripting - new function linesInWindow(): integer - returns number of lined in editor window
- scripting - new function setWaitCursor([boolean]) - sets/resets mouse cursor to hourglass. Usage for longer running scripts
- Ctrl + Left mouse Click in editor selects whole word
- Program settings / Tools - new option Search in Files - remember Replace setting
- FTP panel - new quick search field
- New bigger icon set 24x24px
- Possibility to set iconset for menu and toolbar separately (Program settings / Program 1). It Alows you to set bigger icons for toolbar and/or menu if you use high resolution screen. Toolbar and menu automatically accept iconset size from now. Anybody ca
- HTML multihighlighter - changed behavior. If file size gets over the multihighlighter limit, PSPad will use language highlighter instead of the base highlighter (e.g. PHP instead of the HTML)
- New default icon set for the menu and toolbar. Old set is available as PSPad classic. I am preparing bigger toolbar buttons
- New PHP beautifier (http://www.waterproof.fr/products/phpCodeBeautifier/)
- Code explorer - possibility Switch off refresh with File save in Program settings / Tools
- Search/Replace dialog in files doesn't clear Replace flag and replace string
- Cobol highlighter - Specification - added buttons for strict and free mode quick settings
- File open exception dialog extended of system error message
- HEX editor settings in Program settings - number of bytes per line and column can be freely set
- Code Explorer - in Program settings / Tools is possible switch off refresh after file save
- File locking - Save file as - fixed old and new file lock
- MSDos batch highlighter - fixed bracket highlight with Echo inside of brackets
- FTP client with MLSD file listing - fixed situation when file list is returned without file time information
- HTML highlighter - fixed curly brackets highlighting in text with switched off template support
- Code explorer - problems with a new option Refresh after file save in Program settings / Tools
- Fixed problems with drawing (e.g. scroll in Text diff) in Editor component
- Cobol highlighter - cursor on * indicator causes painting first line on page as an comment
- File name without path in program title in case PSPad was run with file without path as parameter
- Find/Replace dialog in system with increased font size
- Unix Shell Script - comment highlighting fix
- Inserting code clips with Shift+Space - if template isn't found, PSPad shows list of clips
- Cobol Code explorer - if there was any code before COPY, line doesn't appear in Code explorer
- PHP - continue comment inserted unwanted spaces
- Cobol code explorer - missing COPY line if there was a code before COPY
- PHP - continue comment function
- Editor area flickering
- LOG parser - fixed case with relative file path in error log
- selection to PHP variable conversion for one line (menu HTML/conversion)
- start PSPad with file without path as parameter when PSPad instance is already running
- Open file with wildchar when another PSPad instance already runs
- Fixed problem with empty PSPad help in case PSpad is started from network drive as multiuser. In this case local copy of the help is created in %AppData%\PSpad folder
- WWW Preview and missing cursor
- FTP log - copy content to clipboard using right mouse
- File tabs - file name with extreme font DPI settings
- Matching brackets and keywords on Win 8.1 system and above with active wrap lines
- fixed "google" Java scripts recognition in HTML multihighlighter
- fixed Drag/drop image into editor (HTML) with pressed CTRL key
- problem with line behind the last char with fonts like courier new
- Ctrl+DblClik - select text inside quotes
- FTP client another fix for MLSD command. For FTP authors: read and respect RFC documents
- PHP highlighter - fixed missing keywords
- TextDiff - exception on some computers
- most of flicking was removed during windows resize
- WWW preview - missing cursor in editor after return from preview
- TextDiff exception
- Project panel width in case you close PSPad with hidden panel
- PSPad start with parameters without file name enclosed in quotas
Reviewing 188.8.131.5200 (Mar 3, 2015)
I can declare that PSPad installer from the 4.5.9 version (March 1ts 2015), downloaded from PSPad pages links doesn't contain any bundled software.
PSPad and installers are signed with code signing certificate, issued by COMODO.
Reviewing 184.108.40.2060 Beta (Sep 4, 2014)
Sorry ROY, but you lie.
There is NO SILENT install in case you use as source of your installer PSPad page. If you download PSPad from any software server, they wrap PSpad installer into they own downloader. In this case I can't be responsible of it.
Reviewing 220.127.116.110 (Jan 24, 2014)
The new installer includes KNOWN MALWARE (specifically Conduit) that SILENTLY INSTALLS even if you choose "No" to the install options. I tracked this on a firewall with content filtering that blocks known malware purveyors. You will get a popup that says the installer is unable to download content and an option to continue. If you continue, the editor itself installs.
This app and author should be blacklisted until the malware is removed from the install.
ONE star for knowingly infecting users with malware.
Reviewing 18.104.22.1680 (Feb 22, 2013)
From author's page you can update/upgrade to - PSPad editor 4.5.8 (2453).
Reviewing 22.214.171.1247 Beta (Jun 7, 2012)
This is still an excellent editor, but unfortunately it doesn't come anywhere near Notepad++. My main problem is that it is STILL designed as a coder's editor with monospaced font capability only. I write code in Notepad++ using Verdana 9. If you need monospaced fonts to line stuff up, fine, allow that as an option - don't force it on your users. Still, 5 stars for being free and having lots of features.
No comments yet