Process Lasso is a unique new technology that improves PC responsiveness during high CPU loads. It does this through dynamic adjustments to process priorities. This feature is called ProBalance, dynamic priority optimization. Instead of boosting foreground priorities, which is ineffective and potentially detrimental, Process Lasso temporary lowers the priorities of select background processes when they may be interfering with system responsiveness. A graphical demo is available on Bitsum's site that demonstrates how this feature can save you from a total PC stall in a worst case scenario.
For more advanced users, Process Lasso allows automation and persistence of various process settings. One can set save CPU affinities, process priority classes, I/O priority, memory priorities, and application power profiles. These settings get re-applied each time the process is run. Users can also limit the number of instances an application can have, or disallow processes from running entirely. More advanced watchdog rules can be created to take any number of actions based on quotas and thresholds. For instance, trim the working set when a process's working set exceeds a specified amount, or lower the process priority class when an application exceeds a particular amount of CPU utilization for a specific duration.
This branch is Semi-Free because it never expires, but some advanced features may be disabled over time and some nags shown. Critical features such as ProBalance, default priorities, and default affinities will not be disabled. Only the more advanced features are disabled and part of Process Lasso PRO.
Yes - 30 day timeout
- Add 'pl.cmd' batch file as a shortcut to launch Process Lasso's GUI, primarily for Windows Server users
- Add installer section to optionally add Lasso install path to system environment PATH variable. By doing so, command line can simply run 'pl' to launch Lasso's GUI
- Add pathname parameter to log file, changing log format
- Show process governor pathname and command line in 'initialized' log entry
- Add new Locate submenu (for disk and internet) to log entries in actions pane
- ParkControl Add support for new system tray icon and more (ParkControl Pro) [work in progress]
- Fixes to import and export of configuration file
- Fix user-induced Gaming Mode state not preserved on Lasso restart
- Fix Keep Running state/countdown not preserved on Lasso restart
- Fix sorting of date/time of last restraint column
- Fix build ordering issue that could have caused wrong insights exe build to be included
- Create safety backup on import of new configuration file
- Reduce maximum log lines to display at one time (to reduce RAM utilization and improve load speed)
- Adjust some in-product URLs
- Reduce timeout after update for system tray click to see revision history (now back to 10 seconds)
- Add new SmartTrim menu option to exclude game processes, part of new submenu for SmartTrim and Gaming Mode interaction settings (not yet enabled)
- Terminate any running ParkControl instances
- Rotate log files after 1000 entries
- Change product activation to distinct subdomain for server isolation
- Better Emisoft interoperability
- Update German, Russian, and French
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 Beta (Jun 25, 2015)
We would like to thank our loyal supporters of Process Lasso. As some may have noticed, we have been very active in 2014-2015.
Some new things: Gaming Mode 2.0, ParkControl 2.0, SmartTrim, ProBalance Insights, and lots of general product refinement... just to name a few.
If you've tried Process Lasso in the past, but it wasn't for you at the time - give it a new try. We think you'll be pleased, and welcome your feedback!
It's as applicable for new PCs as it is old - if not MORE SO.
We've got even more coming down the pipe, so hope you'll join us as we make a difference in the world of PCs.
And, as always, Bitsum *never* uses installer bundles. That is why we do have to charge for a PRO version of the software, but we believe that's far preferable to ruining the integrity of your PC by tricking you into installing crap via deceitful installer bundles.
DISCLAIMER: I am the author. My rating does not affect the overall product score here (I don't think). It's hard for me to give my own software less than 5/5 stars ;).
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Jun 13, 2013)
Great program, I'm using this on a new PC & it still makes a difference - No problems at all ~
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Dec 5, 2012)
Makes quite a difference even on fast PC's - Well worth buying the full edition.
One small annoyance is on boot the entire UI screen flashes up for a second or so, but the program works OK though.
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problem, I'm not the fastest to answer my self ;)
Still like your program :)
I'll pop by your forum, and say hi.
Take care and have a nice weekend.
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 Beta (Jul 13, 2012)
No problems so far with V6, good software though I use the paid edition.
Hey dear friend i know this things only that Process Lasso improves system performance, responsiveness, and stability in high load situations. It watches for processes consuming too much of the CPU, so can you provide me more details