RipIt4Me is a freeware utility that helps you backup your copy protected DVDs. Recently released DVDs are now very often equipped with stronger copy protections - such as ARccOS and RipGuard DVD. Other programs cannot handle these types of discs.
With the help of RipIt4Me, ripping these DVDs will be a very easy task. The program is fully automated and the wizard will guide you through all the necessary steps involved. If you prefer, there is also a true "1-Click" mode that will perform all the involved steps automatically for you.
- Added an automatic updater
- Added code to detect whether the DVD appears to be protected. This is displayed in the main window during Step 1. If the DVD isn't protected, there's a new button in Step 1 to open the DVD with DVD Shrink directly
- Added "Open .ini file" to the Main menu
- Added handling of missing titles in video_ts.ifo as experienced in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Greece)
- RipIt4Me now terminates AnyDVD "the right way" (by sending a WM_CLOSE message to its main window in the tray, instead of killing the process)
- In any VTS that's excluded from the rip, the replacement IFO now only contains 1 title and 1 PGC
- Attempted to fix the problem with DVD Decrypter running out of resources... Let us know if the new code helps
- Attempted to fix a crash that could occur when a VTS had too many VOBUs. This was possibly responsible for the crash on "Vientos de Agua". Please, try and report? Thanks
- Fixed a PUO problem in the analysis code that could cause some PGCs to not be cleaned appropriately
- There was a serious problem in the analysis code related to Sprm (TTN number). Now fixed
- Attempted to fix the "Not a DVD" problem that some users have had in 220.127.116.11
- In Movie-Only mode, a bug in Step1 could cause the IFOs to be copied in the last used target directory (instead of a temporary directory in %TEMP%)
- The psl import code now works when the path includes "(" or ")"
- The "Save logs" function now also copies the FinalIFO BUP files
- The DVD Decrypter version was not being checked upon startup, no matter what your preferences were! Now fixed
- String translators - please note the addition of a "\n" to string 453 and new strings 471 to 480
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Feb 12, 2010)
this thing is USELESS the only thing it will do is tell me my dvd drive is locked or not found--any suggestions? i tried to run it in windows xp sp2 mode, and still the same results--i'm using vista 32bit--HELP ME, HELP ME
Reviewing 22.214.171.124 (Feb 21, 2008)
the holy grail...
Reviewing 126.96.36.199 (Feb 21, 2008)
Last Febr. 21 , 2008 , I wrote this :
" The best tool I ever used for ripping dvds .
It' s free , unbelievable ! Discovered last June 2007 and adopted at once .
Combined with DVD Decrypter , FixVTS and DVDShrink , it works superbly : no error , no crash of any kind . Just one click and you' re done . A dream of a utility."
Today , april 2012 , this product is outdated but remains very usefull if you need to make new repaired copies of damaged self recorded discs . Works very well on all Windows systems including Windows 7 Ultimate .
Reviewing 188.8.131.52 (Feb 17, 2008)
Should I hope for Vista support?!?
Reviewing 184.108.40.206 (May 25, 2007)
GOD BLESS Betanews for hosting this MOST important of tools.
I have been using this program since it came out. It has YET to fail me in copying a DVD.
May the programs to copy Blu Ray and HD DVD be developed Pronto!