Stickies is a PC utility to cut down on the number of Post-It notes. It stores all information in a single text-based ini file. They are yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Pressing shift-delete in a text sticky cuts the current line of text
- Over-verbose OnManage log file entry removed
- Converting to an image sticky with a non-default layout current in the skin, now sets correct edge widths
- Setting a data directory which doesn't exist now throws an error and closes Stickies, rather than crashing
- Opening the Manage dialog with the Home tab selected, clicking Stored, clicking a note, no longer show Home in the background
- Crash fixed when sending an image sticky using MAPI email
- Crash fixed when booking out friends for editing from a Stickies Server
- Possibility of overwriting text content when a Desktop sticky loses focus, when same note was selected in Manage preview, now fixed
- Notes with autowidth enabled, which are rolled up at launch, with an alternate position now save and load details correctly
- Supported skin version set correctly, so that "This skin might not work correctly" messages no longer appear
Reviewing 8.0b (Dec 23, 2014)
I was pleasantly surprised seeing how feature-rich this applet is. ( Nevertheless, I downloaded and installed two add-on's ...Scoop and Stamper... from the developer's web site. ) Only negative: Some of the options were obscure with poor documentation.
Reviewing 7.1e (Jan 1, 2013)
Fantastic utility and now indispensable. However, not totally stable under Windows 8: Dragging notes to one side can cause them to simply disappear off screen and need rescuing. Even when not touched they may disappear. Shouldn't have to run a rescue as routine.
Reviewing 7.1d (May 9, 2012)
simply THE best sticky-note app available, beats Windows' own hands-down
Reviewing 7.1b (Nov 17, 2011)
Wow! I'm positively surprised... really a great little program! I love to be able to put some stickies to sleep. Very neat how many little things have been taken care of to enhance the user's experience. Nice website too. If you like it and can afford to do so, please donate to keep the author happy.
Reviewing 7.0b (Apr 20, 2010)
Simply one of the best stickies program
No comments yet