Stickies is a PC utility to cut down on the number of Post-It notes. It stores all information in a single text-based ini file. They are yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Large text notes are highlighted as slowing down Stickies in the Manage dialog (the message is always in English)
- Control-q no longer performs a debugging function (instead it does nothing)
- Single-clicking the tray icon brings all notes forward again (when the taskbar button option is not set)
- Copying an image sticky from store to desktop no longer ignores the default skin
- Better drawing of the Manage unlock button, better drawing around the content on the right when the Find bar is open
- Arrow keys now work in the orphan list control, and the skin choose list control
- Checkbox shortcut works in the Manage dialog again
Reviewing 8.0b (Dec 23, 2014)
I was pleasantly surprised seeing how feature-rich this applet is. ( Nevertheless, I downloaded and installed two add-on's ...Scoop and Stamper... from the developer's web site. ) Only negative: Some of the options were obscure with poor documentation.
Reviewing 7.1e (Jan 1, 2013)
Fantastic utility and now indispensable. However, not totally stable under Windows 8: Dragging notes to one side can cause them to simply disappear off screen and need rescuing. Even when not touched they may disappear. Shouldn't have to run a rescue as routine.
Reviewing 7.1d (May 9, 2012)
simply THE best sticky-note app available, beats Windows' own hands-down
Reviewing 7.1b (Nov 17, 2011)
Wow! I'm positively surprised... really a great little program! I love to be able to put some stickies to sleep. Very neat how many little things have been taken care of to enhance the user's experience. Nice website too. If you like it and can afford to do so, please donate to keep the author happy.
Reviewing 7.0b (Apr 20, 2010)
Simply one of the best stickies program
No comments yet