Stickies is a PC utility to cut down on the number of Post-It notes. It stores all information in a single text-based ini file. They are yellow rectangular windows onto which you can put some text notes. Once created, they will stay on screen until you take them away. Just like a real sticky piece of paper.
- Changing pen colour in image stickies also sets the text colour
- Performing data file a restore now includes more files
- In the Sleep dialog, the ampersand has been moved back from until to until
- Creating a DC with "DISPLAY" checked for success to try to avoid a possible crash
- .sti files are attached to SMTP emails again as in v7, rather than .rtf file
- Two new API commands: set desktop
- Can now send again a note with sticky.exe using a plain text file with carriage returns
- The option "Prevent duplicate recurring" works again - which was broken in v8.0a
- "Do To All" actions from the notification area menu no longer affect stacked stickies
- Changing the shadow border setting in Options no longer hides all stack windows
- Creating a new store category under an existing category from the "Store this sticky" dialog could create it under a stack tree item, and so "lose" the sticky
- The option "Use alternate colour selection" no longer has no effect
- Orphaned content was being created with the option "Keep deleted" set to zero
- A crash when writing to transfer file (surrounded with "" characters) prevented
- Calling up the Save dialog in a text sticky no longer leaves all the text selected
- Having a stack on the screen with the option "Create a new sticky with a single tray icon click" no longer stops input focus reaching the new sticky
Reviewing 8.0b (Dec 23, 2014)
I was pleasantly surprised seeing how feature-rich this applet is. ( Nevertheless, I downloaded and installed two add-on's ...Scoop and Stamper... from the developer's web site. ) Only negative: Some of the options were obscure with poor documentation.
Reviewing 7.1e (Jan 1, 2013)
Fantastic utility and now indispensable. However, not totally stable under Windows 8: Dragging notes to one side can cause them to simply disappear off screen and need rescuing. Even when not touched they may disappear. Shouldn't have to run a rescue as routine.
Reviewing 7.1d (May 9, 2012)
simply THE best sticky-note app available, beats Windows' own hands-down
Reviewing 7.1b (Nov 17, 2011)
Wow! I'm positively surprised... really a great little program! I love to be able to put some stickies to sleep. Very neat how many little things have been taken care of to enhance the user's experience. Nice website too. If you like it and can afford to do so, please donate to keep the author happy.
Reviewing 7.0b (Apr 20, 2010)
Simply one of the best stickies program
No comments yet