Tag&Rename is a music files tag editor that easily handles all popular digital audio formats. No matter what music compressor you prefer, you can keep your music collection organized since it is the only tag editor and organizer which has full native support for: mp3 (ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 and ID3v2.4 tags), MusePack mpc/mp+ (APEv1, APEv2 and ID3v1 tags), Windows Media wma, asf and wmv files, Ogg Vorbis/Flac/Speex (vorbis comments), Apple iTunes and iPod aac (m4a) files including mp4, lossless m4a and protected m4p files, most popular lossless codecs including Monkey's Audio, Flac, Wav Pack, Optim Frog, True Audio, Apple, Windows Media lossless and Wav.
- Added "Resize Files Cover Art" and "Resize Folders Cover Art" function to "Tools" menu
- Added "Delete folder cover art" button to "Folder cover art" panel
- Added "Tags cover art resizing" options to program options -> Tags
- Added "Set tag image as folder cover art" button to "File cover art" panel
- Added "Set This Image as a Folder Cover Art" button to "Folder cover art" panel (visible only when "Show first existing image in "Folder cover art" if folder.jpg does not exists" enabled and current image file is not a folder.jpg)
- Added "Delete Folder Cover Art from All Selected Folders" function to "Tools" menu
- Added "Retry" button to tag saving error message, so it is now possible to retry tag saving if file is locked by other application
- Added Opus files support
- Added Sampling Rate, Bit Depth and Encoder files and folders rename variables
- Added "Random Sort Order" option to main menu -> View
- Cover art search URL in Tag Editor and CDDB/Web Import now can be customized in program options -> Web Import -> Cover art search URL
- Added bit depth, cover art size, cover art dimensions, cover art format and tag version files list columns
Reviewing 3.8.1 (Jul 3, 2014)
Best tagger around. I use it almost everyday. Tried a lot of free apps of that kind and Tag&Rename beats them all. Flawless victory.
Reviewing 3.5.7 (Nov 17, 2010)
Long time user, can't do without it. It excels at managing large collections. The UI is well-designed to enable bulk changes in an intuitive way. Well worth the shareware cost.
Reviewing 3.5.6 (May 16, 2010)
30 bucks? no no and no.
Reviewing 3.5.6 (May 14, 2010)
Excellent, excellent tagger, and worth paying the small amount for the Gold version. Wouldn't be without it - I have some 4 Terabytes of music in my library, all tagged by this program
Reviewing 3.5.6 (May 14, 2010)
Gave a 4 because of what it says it can do.
All the BS going on does not tell me where and what free program does what this does as it is Shareware!
So come forward and tell me what programs will stand up and hold and lock and prevent a program from changing the ID Tags as I need ID3v1 and once I listen to it on my computer a frigging program converts it up or edits it with out asking.
I want to be asked if a program can convert my file or a option to lock it into ID3v1 so that I can burn and listen in my car with out having to upgrade a great stock player in my Grand AM.
This is for all developers and established programs.
Ask before you convert my files to un-playable.
You have NO right to convert with out asking!!!!!!
This is more of a rant to all others as this program gives conversion.
As to working with it and usable I will let someone else comment as I would like feedback as I am sure the Developer does and the trickle down may (shrug) change established taggers/music programs from converting with out asking.
No comments yet