WinPatrol monitors your computer and does not allow applications to simply add themselves to the startup menu or associate files to themselves. Everything is caught by winpatrol. It then asks if you agree to what modifications are being done or not.
- Added feature on PLUS tab for direct access to the Newsletter
- Fixes bug that was causing repeat alerts
- Fixes issues with WinPatrol crashing
- Fixes issue where data in the start-up tab would become invalid after moving a program to the delayed tab
- Fixes issues with delaying programs run via RunDll
- Enhanced start-up logic to include more start-up programs
Reviewing 30.5.2014 (Mar 19, 2014)
Excellent Program ! One of the first things I install on a new computer. Sure, I use a good AV and MalwareBytes, but Winpatrol warns me every time someone tries to sneak an Auto-Updater or something worse into my startup..... or Tries to change my browser homepage or File associations without permission. Very light on resources, and the paid "Plus" version is well worth the few bucks.
Reviewing 29.1.2013.1 (Dec 9, 2013)
Great program, useful & worth every penny for the plus version - The guy who runs it has ethics too.
Reviewing 26.1.2013 (Jan 7, 2013)
This update is actually quite old but a most useful program, well worth buying the Plus version.
Reviewing 25.6.2012.1 (Sep 20, 2012)
Warns me of programs removed & start up programs removed or added & windows systems added & more, well worth running on any PC - A must have & I can't fault this program or the developer.
Reviewing 25.0.2012.5 (Jul 16, 2012)
I've been using Winpatrol for years on all of my computers. It has always done what it is meant to do and it's very user friendly. I have nothing negative to say about it.
No comments yet