7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio. The program supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, LZH, CHM, GZIP, BZIP2, Z, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB formats. Compression ratio in the new 7z format is 30-50% better than ratio in ZIP format.
- 7-Zip now can extract RAR5 archives
- 7-Zip now doesn't sort files by type while adding to solid 7z archive
- new -mqs switch to sort files by type while adding to solid 7z archive
- The BUG in 7-Zip File Manager was fixed:
- The "Move" operation to open 7z archive didn't delete empty files
- The BUG in 15.05 was fixed:
- Console version added some text to the end of stdout stream, is -so switch was used
- The BUG in 9.30 - 15.05 was fixed:
- 7-Zip could not open multivolume sfx RAR archive
- Some bugs were fixed
Reviewing 9.38 Beta (Apr 4, 2015)
7-Zip still doesn't support file recovery redundancy data to protect archive files against file damage, nor does 7-Zip support a larger file checksum than 32-bit CRC32.
WinRAR has options for file recovery and 256-bit BLAKE2 file hash.
7z isn't as robust for long-term storage as the better RAR file format.
Free is NOT always better!
Reviewing 9.36 Beta (Dec 27, 2014)
Great for working with APK's... 5*
I don't like rating against my Fav... Winrar.
Which just doesn't cut it with APK's (the way i need).
A good 2015 to All... ^_^
Reviewing 9.33 Alpha (Jun 16, 2014)
Once upon a time there was Winzip, most if not all on this site used it, then Winzip went a bit of the track and lost its way, 7 -Zip took the baton forward and for free.
Absolutely the best there is, fast, does what it says and delivers on all fronts.
Reviewing 9.32 Alpha (Mar 11, 2014)
Reviewing 9.32 Alpha (Feb 17, 2014)
No comments yet