AdwCleaner is a tool that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs), Hijackers, and more. It works with a Search and a Deletion Mode.
- [NEW] - Added message when no elements are found
- [BUG] - Bug with update checking fixed
- [UPD] - Local database v27-09-2015.1
- [UPD] - Tasks generic detections updated
- [UPD] - Generic.Downloadprotect updated
- [UPD] - Generic.Multiplug updated
- [UPD] - Generic.MyWebSearch updated
- [UPD] - Generic.Browsefox updated
Reviewing 5.004 (Aug 28, 2015)
Excellent and trust-worthy
Reviewing 5.003 (Aug 23, 2015)
great tool. i highly recommend using this in safe mode though in order to make sure everything it finds is successfully removed. however it will work fine running it on the desktop in "normal" boot up mode as well as it has never failed to remove anything on my end.
Reviewing 4.113 (Mar 23, 2015)
I like it!
Tool for removing tons of app-crap from many computers.
If you infected by PUP - you must use AdwCleaner.
But, don't forget - use it in a safe mode.
Reviewing 4.111 (Feb 19, 2015)
an absolute must have in the malware tool box.
Reviewing 4.108 (Jan 24, 2015)
I have a similar tale to relate from a couple weeks ago, Straspey, except I (unfortunately) did the cleaning. I threw everything at it, including AdwCleaner. It worked well.
Within days, they got it reinfected. I'm not helping them again, except to tell them to run AdwCleaner.
No comments yet