AdwCleaner is a tool that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs), Hijackers, and more. It works with a Search and a Deletion Mode.
- [NEW] - Added Generic.Maintainer detection
- [NEW] - Added HKU subkeys to SearchScopes module
- [BUG] - Bug with EULA scrollbar fixed
- [BUG] - Bug with Spanish translation fixed
- [UPD] - Tasks detection improved
- [UPD] - SearchScopes detection improved
- [UPD] - Drivers generic detections updated
- [UPD] - Generic.Browsefox updated
- [UPD] - Generic.MyWebSearch updated
- [UPD] - Portuguese Brazilian translation updated
- [UPD] - Dutch translation updated
- [UPD] - Polish translation updated
- [UPD] - Russian translation updated
- [UPD] - All options but "Reset Winsock settings" unchecked by default
Reviewing 5.003 (Aug 23, 2015)
great tool. i highly recommend using this in safe mode though in order to make sure everything it finds is successfully removed. however it will work fine running it on the desktop in "normal" boot up mode as well as it has never failed to remove anything on my end.
Reviewing 4.113 (Mar 23, 2015)
I like it!
Tool for removing tons of app-crap from many computers.
If you infected by PUP - you must use AdwCleaner.
But, don't forget - use it in a safe mode.
Reviewing 4.111 (Feb 19, 2015)
an absolute must have in the malware tool box.
Reviewing 4.108 (Jan 24, 2015)
I have a similar tale to relate from a couple weeks ago, Straspey, except I (unfortunately) did the cleaning. I threw everything at it, including AdwCleaner. It worked well.
Within days, they got it reinfected. I'm not helping them again, except to tell them to run AdwCleaner.
Reviewing 4.107 (Jan 8, 2015)
Last week, a family member called in a panic because he went to some snarky website and the next thing he knew his computer was awash in hijacked browsers, popups and all sorts of stuff.
I told him to download this program, run it, and say "yes" to everything it wanted to clean.
He did it -- and his system was returned to its previous happy state.
Then guess what he did ?
He went right back to the very same website and got re-infected AGAIN -- the exact same way!
So he went back and ran AdwCleaner another time, and it saved him this time as well.
You know what they say --
"Fool me once, shame on you --
Fool me twice, I'm an a s s h o l e."
No comments yet