IsoBuster can rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD or a Blu Ray disc (e.g. BD or HD DVD). Save important documents, precious pictures or video from the family, your only system backup, etc.
- Support for ExFAT
- Find deleted NTFS files and folders during a scan for missing files and folders
- Implemented a "Find deleted files and folders" option, when an NTFS file-system is selected. This is a much faster scan if you're only interested in finding deleted files and folders in an NTFS file-system
- Support for FATX
- Support for XISO / XDVDFS
- Extended Master Boot Record (EMBR) support
- BSD partitions support
- Further improved the UAC experience by tweaking and fixing issues. The experience is still the same as described in previous release
- Remove duplicate partitions (for instance when there's a GPT but the MBR fields still point to valid partitions as well)
- Ways to dump all sectors that are being read to log files (for debug purposes) (support for *.ibdat and *.ibadr)
- Added .bkf file type recognition to the file-signature scan
- Further improved the ListView Columns' drag behaviour by working around (Builder) VCL limits/bugs
- An NTFS file also gets the Sparse property now when it's not fragmented (and not only when its extents are sparse)
- Display the File's start LBA for a sparse file, except when the first extent is sparse, then "Sparse" is displayed
- Added Full Path(s) and Start and Finish processing time to the MD5 file (as comments)
- Ability (set via options) to store and restore the position of the main form (instead of always centered)
- Added *.dd to the supported image files
- Recognize EXT SuperBlock when trying to determine the blocksize of an image (for instance a Linux made .dd file with an EXT1,2,3 or 4 file-system)
- Improved handling of NTFS MFT embedded files during the scan for missing files based on their signature
- Various improvemens to reduce false positives during scanning for missing files and folders
- Various other smaller GUI improvements
- Not all *.png files were found during a scan for missing files and folders (bug introduced in version 3.1)
- Mac HFS file systems with large fragmented files (more than 8 extents) could trigger a program crash
- In rare cases not all files and/or folders of an NTFS folder were found, if that folder was described in both the MFT record and via INDX records
- Sometimes too small files were created, when they were fully sparse (one extent, sparse (= all zeroes) (NTFS)
- Fixed it so that the progress bar also changes color (red) in case of errors, during a scan for missing files and folders
- Show the last LBA in case of compressed files
- Fixed one more exception error that could occur while scanning for lost files and folders, due to buggy MS Office documents detection code
Reviewing 3.2 Build 184.108.40.206 Beta (Apr 21, 2013)
I have only had to use this 'in anger' once and it salvaged all my data. The developer is responsive, knowledgeable and polite. Licence well worth the money.
Reviewing 2.9 Beta (Feb 18, 2012)
I use the free functionality to recover files from deteriorated CDs. Best I've tried.
But there is a learning curve. Use the blue option to recover your files as they were rather than in other formats (Iso, etc). Be careful that the level (there are Sessions) includes all your files. If you can avoid having it try to recover files written on bad (as opposed to damaged) sectors, do so. You'll save a lot of time. Check the files recovered; there may be parts incompletely copied. Another try might help.
The result is worth the attention.
Reviewing 2.9 Beta (Feb 12, 2012)
I used to love ISOBuster, but now that they are installing crapware ("ISOBuster Toolbar") this package is being added to my ALP (Avoid Like the Plague) list.
I don't mind someone trying to make a buck on an excellent product, I just prefer people to do it honestly. At least make the option to install crapware deselcted by default.
Reviewing 220.127.116.11 (Dec 18, 2008)
Excellent soft !
Sweet and powerfull !
The toolbar can be unchecked during install and the new version's toolbar doesn't change the homepage anymore (it was a bug in fact, see change notes)
This software CAN and DID recover my corrupted Video ! I'm so glad I recovered our daughter's birth.
Reviewing 18.104.22.168 (Nov 6, 2008)
Stay away! This ISO Busturd overwrites your Internet settings, adds toolbar add it's logo to start page without even informing you!
No comments yet